Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Not Available on 2024 Models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really depends on where you are in the world and your lease arrangement. I’m in Australia and lease my car. As far as Tesla is concerned the car is mine… the lease company just paid for it. I can purchase the upgrade if I want.

So I would say it’s probably different all over the world, and maybe even depend on the type of lease you have.
True, apparently a leased car is not the same everywhere in the world. N some countries it’s more like a rental, some others refer to a loan (where the bank technically only gives you the money and you buy it yourself) as a lease.

They could also explain it that this feature will cause more tyre wear.
Only if you stomp on it all the time. But you will go through tires fast doing that with any Tesla without the Acceleration Boost. I had my 2018 Long Range Model 3 with the Acceleration Boost almost 5 years and the tires were fine. The biggest factor is tire pressure and how you drive.

Only if you stomp on it all the time. But you will go through tires fast doing that with any Tesla without the Acceleration Boost. I had my 2018 Long Range Model 3 with the Acceleration Boost almost 5 years and the tires were fine. The biggest factor is tire pressure and how you drive.
I agree, but leasing company isn’t gonna take my word for that ;)

I just returned my model 3 from lease. 70k driven and still on the original tyres. (Did had winter and summer set of tyres)

I found this post on Reddit.
Looks like not all MY LR can get the acceleration boost, and Tesla explained it to this owner by saying the battery he has is at fault.
Has anybody else heard about this?
This is the kind of thing that can really upset some owners, I can sure see that.