Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Not Available on 2024 Models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

adcustom

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2024
NJ
Purchased a 2024 Model Y LR a couple weeks ago and Acceleration Boost is not showing as available in the Upgrades section of the car or app. Does Tesla no longer offer this?

Just picked up mine yesterday and the option is there for me.

IMG_2690.jpeg

I cant order this upgrade either. Not available even outside the referral program.

It was actually my whole gameplan to use my points for this upgrade once i received the car. Now im seeing multiple users on this forum reporting the same problem.

Region: Netherlands
Car got delivered 26th of march and was ordered 8th of march

I just opened a service ticket for this. Lets see what they have to say.

Is it worth the money?
Depends on what kind of car person you are. I bought it right when it was offered for my 2018 Model 3, when I owned it. For $2,000 it was way less expensive and time consuming (within minutes), to get it. Compare that to the bolt ons and install time an ICE vehicle has to do get the acceleration and it's a no brainer. Plus, the Acceleration Boost doesn't effect your normal everyday street driving efficiency, like the bolts on do with an ICE vehicle. One thing to note, if you want your insurance company to consider that added purchase to the value of your car if totaled, you will have to tell them the car has it, and then your premium could increase.

• Informative
Reactions: elddum
True, but Tesla should allow someone to pay for a software feature to have while they lease the car. That's easy money for Tesla.
It’s not that they don’t want your money. You are not the owner of the car, therefore you have no rights to buy upgrades. As simple as that. Go and ask your lease company if they buy it for you.

Edit: what if you give a family member driver access to the car, should he be allowed to buy whatever upgrade he wants?

It’s not that they don’t want your money. You are not the owner of the car, therefore you have no rights to buy upgrades. As simple as that. Go and ask your lease company if they buy it for you.

Edit: what if you give a family member driver access to the car, should he be allowed to buy whatever upgrade he wants?
It really depends on where you are in the world and your lease arrangement. I’m in Australia and lease my car. As far as Tesla is concerned the car is mine… the lease company just paid for it. I can purchase the upgrade if I want.

So I would say it’s probably different all over the world, and maybe even depend on the type of lease you have.

True, however a software feature purchased can easily be deleted when they get the car back after the lease. So they basically are letting you lease the boost option for $2,000. And if the leaser is good paying it, then it's a win win situation for everyone.

Is it worth the money?

My opinion is - absolutely not. I've heard it said though that a similar performance boost in an ICE vehicle would cost *far* more than $2k.

I noticed the difference, but without A/B my 3LR can still give you a major adrenaline rush.

I got it free with referral credits... so free was totally worth it and I'm glad I have it. If I spent $2k on it, I'd not feel as good about the purchase.

Reactions: elddum
My opinion is - absolutely not. I've heard it said though that a similar performance boost in an ICE vehicle would cost *far* more than $2k
It would probably cost at least $5,000 to get the same bolt performance on an ICE vehicle and you'd most likely not have the vehicle while a shop or yourself is doing the work. So in that respect $2,000 is totally worth it, considering your are will have it within minutes after you pay for it. However, I think the better option is to buy a Performance Tesla because you get other things for the extra cost.

It is indeed the leasing structure. I has got confirmed by Tesla. I will try with the leasing company if they allow me to buy upgrades. It is annoying that also in the referral program updates get blocked. There is absolutely no harm in trying FSD for example.

According to Tesla it should be possible to allow upgrades per vehicle. So hopefully they will just open the feature for a few days to let me arrange the upgrade.

True, however a software feature purchased can easily be deleted when they get the car back after the lease. So they basically are letting you lease the boost option for $2,000. And if the leaser is good paying it, then it's a win win situation for everyone.
They could also explain it that this feature will cause more tyre wear.