Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. .6 secs. is pretty significant. I think I'll wait and drive the new car for a bit before deciding on the performance boost.
It would be almost a whole second if you get the boost.

For what it's worth, the main "incentive" if you will that prompted me to trade up to the LR AWD from the RWD was the boost option (that and the fact that my local Tesla sales rep found me an inventory model that was $41k with only 25 miles!). Yet, even though i thought it would be one of the first mods i'd buy for the car, I've had it for almost a year now, and i still haven't purchased the boost. I still plan to buy it eventually, but i'm in no rush either.

Reactions: Snowball316
I'm picking up my new LR AWD Model 3 on Thurs. I'm intrigued by the acceleration boost option, and from what I can tell, a strong majority of eligible Model 3 owners bought it and are happy with it. I'm leaning toward buying it, but I'm wondering if there's a period of time in which I can "return" it and get my money back? Thanks.

I drove my LR for about a week before i bought the boost. After feeling the boosted g force i could not go back to non boosted state. I stomp the throttle pedal everyday when/where it is safe and there is no regret. Actually, it was the best $2000+tax i have ever spent.

Reactions: DwightKSchrute
I drove my LR for about a week before i bought the boost. After feeling the boosted g force i could not go back to non boosted state. I stomp the throttle pedal everyday when/where it is safe and there is no regret. Actually, it was the best $2000+tax i have ever spent.
Damn I've been debating getting it or not. Is the 48 hour "return" as simple as clicking something back off in the app or do you need to call?

My LR AWD was delivered today. I punched it a couple times on the freeway and I’d say it’s plenty quick for me for now without the boost. Maybe I’ll give myself a Christmas present in a few months.

Good that punching at freeway speeds is good enough for you, because the boost doesn't really do anything more at freeway speeds. It's for the lower speeds.

Reactions: Biggus
Butt dyno’s are notoriously inaccurate. The actual test data proves I am right, and you are…
Could be.... It's been a while since I was studied on the facts and data. I do recall seeing data that suggested the M3+ was actually performing at M3P levels at freeway speeds, and that some even reported slightly better performance. For me, it doesn't matter any more as I traded my beloved M3+ for a MS Plaid and MYP. Now, the Plaid pulls hard all the way to the stops!