Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access Control is now Available on Gen 3 Wall Connector.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who has one of my two Wall Connectors installed on my driveway, i welcome this feature because twice I’ve found stranger plugged in without asking for permission.

Please note that this feature requires firmware version 21.36.4

You can find the latest firmware here Troubleshooting a Gen 3 Wall Connector

Last edited:
Just a heads up to anyone using their Wall Connector for non-Tesla vehicles, this update caused charge failures for our Volt. The new firmware 21.36.4+ adds the Access Control feature that allows you to restrict use of the wall connector to Teslas. We have been using ours to charge my M3 and my son's Volt using an adapter. It has been working great until the other week when it stopped charging on the Volt. I had not notice that the wall connector updated its firmware. When I checked the status page it showed the new Access Control section and showed that it was now restricted to Tesla vehicles. The manual says the default is "All Vehicles" but this is not what we found. I was blaming the charge adapter erroneously. So if you are in the same boat, connect to the wall connector via wifi, go to to the settings page at 192.168.92.1 and adjust the Access Control. Here is the user manual page on the subject:

-Joe

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
I am looking to install my first wall connector and was curious about access control. My parking spot is somewhat exposed and any randoms could pull in to use it. On the flip side, can I remotely grant access to friends and family to use if they need it or track the amount of charging by vehicle? (the link above on access control results in a 404 error for me.