Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access Denied on Cancellation Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Up until a day or two ago, I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue for me. But I was planning on getting a Long Range RWD, and now that seems to be disappearing. If the idea is that they will only make Long Range AWDs, and to get a RWD car you just have some software disabled, I"m not so sure what to do. Why should I have the weight of the second motor without using it? BTW, does anyone know if that is what they are planning to do with LR RWD?

Thanks. Up until a day or two ago, I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue for me. But I was planning on getting a Long Range RWD, and now that seems to be disappearing. If the idea is that they will only make Long Range AWDs, and to get a RWD car you just have some software disabled, I"m not so sure what to do. Why should I have the weight of the second motor without using it? BTW, does anyone know if that is what they are planning to do with LR RWD?
No, they won't place a boat anchor on the front end of a RWD car.

• Funny
Reactions: gallk and PoitNarf
Exactly. No way they would ever make AWD a software unlockable feature. You either purchase a Model 3 with dual motors and get AWD as a result or you have a RWD with just the rear motor.
911 was always my dream car until I got my Tesla.
Who'd have thought that I would really end up with a RR Supercharging CAR!!!!!!
And the front end of my Tesla resembles Ferrari Modena I swear!

*RR = Rear motor, Rear wheel drive.