Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dometic CFX-40W in Model X (6-seat) Unboxing and Initial Imptression

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We purchased the Dometic CF-35 from amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017YFDGO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
we could have got this for less (PPL Motor Homes) but after waiting 4 weeks we cancelled and did amazon prime and received in 2 days.
dimensions 22 13/16 x 15 2/16 x 14 2/16
It is kept in the back; see photo.
I thought it was the best size for us.
I set the rear platform to the halfway setting.
Works great for grocery shopping.
The OP shows his CFX-40 opening from the handle side (which is great), but the Dometic web site shows the opening from the long side
Dometic CFX 40W | Dometic - Mobile living made easy.

IMG_3126.JPG

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cowby and MTOman
The only issue with this type of mobile refrigerator arrangement within the X that I've found so far is that most (all?) Model X's will turn off interior 12 V DC power after some period of time, which means the refrigerator will not operate when your Model X is parked for long periods of time.

How well does it act as a cooler? Or any idea the amount of time it can go before it increases from a ~37 degrees to ~45 degrees?

This is the one I was considering for my MX 6 seater:

You can get a battery for it, so it will run while the car is off and then recharge the battery once the car turns back on.

We purchased the Dometic CF-35 from amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017YFDGO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
we could have got this for less (PPL Motor Homes) but after waiting 4 weeks we cancelled and did amazon prime and received in 2 days.
dimensions 22 13/16 x 15 2/16 x 14 2/16
It is kept in the back; see photo.
I thought it was the best size for us.
I set the rear platform to the halfway setting.
Works great for grocery shopping.
The OP shows his CFX-40 opening from the handle side (which is great), but the Dometic web site shows the opening from the long side
Dometic CFX 40W | Dometic - Mobile living made easy.

View attachment 245508
We sold our 2016 Model X after we purchased a new 2022 Model X. The 12V cigarate lighter plug was moved from the left to the right. We have found that if we put the climate control in Camp mode the 12V power will continue to work. We turn off Air Conditioning and set the fan to 1 (looks to be off). You will have to manually lock the doors since Camp mode does not do walk away lock. We are doing a 3 week road trip through numerous national parks in Utah/Arizona later this month. I will report back if this scheme actually works.