Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you need to do any drilling with the mud flaps?

Not the Tesla flaps, nope. You do need a flathead screwdriver (or similar) to pry out the existing clips. Only tool needed.

When you get some run time on those, an update of how well they do would be appreciated.

Will do. Following a first drive yesterday, seemed fine -- still well-attached, no additional wind noise.

I love this Cupholder Insert I bought on Amazon. Link and photos attached.
A bit pricey at ~$20. But for me, we’ll worth it. Better than I expected.
Holds the tall narrow La Croix cans snugly.
L & R indicated installation requires orientation to fit properly.
Oddly not designed to contain a spill.
I’m guessing there’s a reason that eludes me.
EDIT: Upon closer examination…It looks like the holes are designed to facilitate deflation of the bump outs to allow them to conform to and hold the drink…
Not hard plastic.

AOSK for Tesla Refreshed Model S Center Console Cup Holder Insert 2021 2022 New Model S only Amazon.com

View attachment 756090View attachment 756091View attachment 756092View attachment 756093View attachment 756094
I agree, very well designed with the center divider to prevent drinks from tipping.

BA9061E8-A244-48E0-BD82-E35AAE0987FE.jpeg

Received and installed my mud flaps today. Trouble free install using tool from abstract ocean Spugder trim removal tool
65A95DDF-89CE-4D31-843F-22214F3DE27B.jpeg

We’ll designed - factory fit. Saved old clips for uninstalling…
Definitely different.
E962672D-DEE4-4CBC-9A55-57489A68E187.jpeg

Seems obvious that the front wheel wells don’t provide as much coverage as the rears.
8E247C62-237B-49F7-8501-F00761866DE5.jpeg

23EDBD7E-114A-4285-AC77-99876718EA37.jpeg

Mud Flaps installed. I was concerned that they might have a negative impact on such a beautiful car. All good.
Very stealth. Sort of blends into the tire.
41F7CB89-9587-4B45-B9BC-81C185752AE0.jpeg

909AD1A1-6A14-47F3-BE5D-4CC198E33F8F.jpeg

Not the Tesla flaps, nope. You do need a flathead screwdriver (or similar) to pry out the existing clips. Only tool needed.

Will do. Following a first drive yesterday, seemed fine -- still well-attached, no additional wind noise.
Looks good, we’ll engineered, I’ve also ordered a set. Would be interested to see how well they stop debris given they don’t extend that far up the fender.

Last edited:
I love this Cupholder Insert I bought on Amazon. Link and photos attached.
A bit pricey at ~$20. But for me, we’ll worth it. Better than I expected.
Holds the tall narrow La Croix cans snugly.
L & R indicated installation requires orientation to fit properly.
Oddly not designed to contain a spill.
I’m guessing there’s a reason that eludes me.
EDIT: Upon closer examination…It looks like the holes are designed to facilitate deflation of the bump outs to allow them to conform to and hold the drink…
Not hard plastic.

AOSK for Tesla Refreshed Model S Center Console Cup Holder Insert 2021 2022 New Model S only Amazon.com

View attachment 756090View attachment 756091View attachment 756092View attachment 756093View attachment 756094
omg,thank you for this feedback, huge help

Anyone install the oem Tesla cargo liners yet? Curious if they feel more rubber like the interior liners or hard plastic like Tesmanian ones.

Reactions: deadwynter

Anyone install the oem Tesla cargo liners yet? Curious if they feel more rubber like the interior liners or hard plastic like Tesmanian ones.
Ordered these and the frunk liners but haven't gotten either set yet. Got shipping notification for the frunk liner and they should be here tomorrow (for some odd reason, they are shipping direct to my SC instead of my house). Hoping the rear cargo liners come with them too

A few photos, while I wait for a part at the SF service center.

On my way there, I did hear the mudflaps scrape against the road surface, as they do sit fairly low.

I think I’ll have to remove them before my track event in less than 2 weeks (TeslaCorsa 20 in Buttonwillow if anyone’s going!)

View attachment 756839View attachment 756840View attachment 756841View attachment 756842View attachment 756843View attachment 756844
Heard mine scrape as I exited a parking lot on the transition to the street.
Inspected when I got home. No indication of scrape. Bottom of flap completely smooth. Seems like that’s by design. Very flexible.

A few photos, while I wait for a part at the SF service center.

On my way there, I did hear the mudflaps scrape against the road surface, as they do sit fairly low.

I think I’ll have to remove them before my track event in less than 2 weeks (TeslaCorsa 20 in Buttonwillow if anyone’s going!)

Thanks. Helped some people (not mentioning names) remember to go out and make sure I put that little lip behind the liner. 🤣
They do sit very close to the ground in Low suspension mode. Will have to remember to raise on some speed bumps.
Seems lik
I ordered a set but there is no way they are going to be good in a snow climate ! My own Pro-Fit install may be my forever flaps 👍🏼
Seems like the flaps are very close to the ground. Most mud flaps are not that way -right? Not sure if I should keep my set now when I get it. Do the handmade ones that the forum member is making sit that close too?

Regards to snow, I noticed after the big snowstorm yesterday and testing the Model S on the snowy roads/parking lot, that snow buildup is almost touching the rear wheels. And this was just a little trip.

Also - the car definitely needs snow tires, as the LR 19’s are ok, but too much sliding and never feel really confidently planted. The LR 19’s tires are not as good as other all-seasons I have driven in the snow. If I keep this car will definitely be getting snows next year.

Seems like the flaps are very close to the ground. Most mud flaps are not that way -right? Not sure if I should keep my set now when I get it. Do the handmade ones that the forum member is making sit that close too?

Sort of. I have a significantly inclined driveway, and set a high suspension geofence for the house. No problems with clearance.
I keep my suspension on "auto" everywhere else. No problem with clearance so far.

That said, I have not driven in snow, and I have not had the car lowered.

Sort of. I have a significantly inclined driveway, and set a high suspension geofence for the house. No problems with clearance.
I keep my suspension on "auto" everywhere else. No problem with clearance so far.

That said, I have not driven in snow, and I have not had the car lowered.
Agreed. Shouldn’t be an issue. Two part construction. Attachment points are rigid plastic and flap is soft rubber or neoprene. Super flexible/resilient. Not like typical all rigid plastic mud flaps.

Seems lik

Regards to snow, I noticed after the big snowstorm yesterday and testing the Model S on the snowy roads/parking lot, that snow buildup is almost touching the rear wheels. And this was just a little trip.

Also - the car definitely needs snow tires, as the LR 19’s are ok, but too much sliding and never feel really confidently planted. The LR 19’s tires are not as good as other all-seasons I have driven in the snow. If I keep this car will definitely be getting snows next year.
The car is an 'electric tractor' with snow tires on it. Had our first huge snowfall yesterday and I had to do some important errands around town and the car was a champ. Only issue is that the air dam intake/outlet on the car was 100% packed with snow and if it is slippery, the regen can be strongly effected as the wheels cannot stick to the ground so if you are an expert one pedal driver, be ready to recalibrate to using some brakes. I am not sure what effect that would have on the heat pump operation. Seemed just fine until I was able to clear out as much as I could. At least in these climates, the difference between AS and snows is remarkable.

Last edited: