Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! Wanted to see the XPEL tint on the rear tail lights.

Am also curious how it affects the use of the lights - are they dimmer during the day or at night after tinting?
You can actually see it here as I recently updated the listing with photos of the 3 films I currently have plus added a picture of the lights with the darkest film (VViViD). The XPEL is much more clear and high quality than the VViViD and there is barely any noticeable difference at night.

PS I tried the VViViD on the headlights and it made them too dark as it seems to reflect some of the light because of its adhesive. It’s fine for tail lights where the bulb is closer to the film and fine for fog lights just not headlights. I will try the XPEL on headlights this week and if it doesn’t block the light (I.e. it’s safe) I will release the head lights as a product too (XPEL only option).

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Had I thought it through more carefully I would have ordered Plaid with 19”, ripped through the summer’s then use them for winters and bought 20 or 21” Signatures for summer. Now I’m opposite .
My incoming Plaid has 19s as I’m not a fan of the 21 arachnids and have a set of sweet signature wheels on order. If the 19s are all season (still unknown), I’ll see how they fair this winter (supposed to be really bad here in nj/ny).

If they are summer rated, they will be taken off and for sale if anyone needs a set of 19inch summer tires.

The headlights on my Plaid are pretty dim and very disappointing, as compared to the matrix LEDs on my MYP. Pretty lame, actually.
Weird. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some say they are awesome, others not so great. I also wonder why Tesla wouldn’t have incredible lighting especially for the flagship plaid.

Nothing will ever compare to my benz led lights.

My incoming Plaid has 19s as I’m not a fan of the 21 arachnids and have a set of sweet signature wheels on order. If the 19s are all season (still unknown), I’ll see how they fair this winter (supposed to be really bad here in nj/ny).

If they are summer rated, they will be taken off and for sale if anyone needs a set of 19inch summer tires.
I asked my sales associate this exact question. He stated, "Yes the 19" rims do come with all season tires."

It’s the regular XPEL paint protection film, which is glossy. Will check if they sell a matte version too.

Edit: I am not 100% sure but I think the XPEL Stealth is matte PPF. I previously thought it's colored PPF but according to YouTube it's transparent, just matte. I just ordered 20ft length to try it out and if it looks good will release this as an option as soon as it arrives (probably in about a week).
It should be matte. I’ve pretty much decided to forgo the SunTek Reaction (with built in ceramic) for the Xpel Stealth. Looks hot on MSM.

You can actually see it here as I recently updated the listing with photos of the 3 films I currently have plus added a picture of the lights with the darkest film (VViViD). The XPEL is much more clear and high quality than the VViViD and there is barely any noticeable difference at night.

PS I tried the VViViD on the headlights and it made them too dark as it seems to reflect some of the light because of its adhesive. It’s fine for tail lights where the bulb is closer to the film and fine for fog lights just not headlights. I will try the XPEL on headlights this week and if it doesn’t block the light (I.e. it’s safe) I will release the head lights as a product too (XPEL only option).
Not a fan of VVIVID. Got some pretty poor quality items from them in the past. And no response to my concerns, which irritated me further.

Weird. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some say they are awesome, others not so great. I also wonder why Tesla wouldn’t have incredible lighting especially for the flagship plaid.

Nothing will ever compare to my benz led lights.
Given the headlights on the refresh are the same design as previous generations (with slight changes over time to address LED burnout), go talk to longtime owners of the S who drive other cars, and I’m pretty sure they will tell you the headlights aren’t that bright.

Has anyone found good all-weather floor mats yet? I had some very nice ones from Maxpider for my Model 3 but haven't found anything definitively made for the refresh Model S.
I've been happy with the official Tesla mats for the refresh. The only (minor) nit is that I wish the driver one had a built in portion for the left foot footrest.

I ordered the Tesmanian mats for the Trunk/Frunk but haven't received yet.

I've been happy with the official Tesla mats for the refresh. The only (minor) nit is that I wish the driver one had a built in portion for the left foot footrest.

I've thought about getting those but I have two issues. The same thing with the left foot footrest, and I hadn't heard if anyone actually liked them yet. So thanks for the information!

(Three issues if I consider the cost, but they're not that much more than other all-weather mats I've seen in the past.)

Reactions: Spyderman09

I also have the official Tesla mats & an order for the Tesmanian frunk/trunk set.
Funny thing happened today. I accelerated on a long downhill on-ramp and the front passenger mat curled away on the top all the way to taco position. Completely folded in half. Then returned to it’s original normal position as I eased up on the accelerator. Amazingly impressive!!
I solved the footrest issue you mentioned with this EVannex dead pedal I bought on Amazon.

EVANNEX Foot Rest Dead Pedal... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MBD1BFD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

0A177A54-C53C-49D1-B207-A7F16FAD2002.jpeg

In my Plaid
7C278D60-3B71-4457-B866-95EBE5986F45.jpeg

It fits well. I didn’t even have to use the supplied adhesive strip.
C016F095-04C2-4445-BFF2-523907574E58.jpeg

Very nice, looks awesome! How is the light transmission with the 35% XPEL (vs the 50%) - it looks the best, as it's the darkest, but I don't want to cut too much light out from the actual tail lights. Thanks for creating this product, super cool!

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Very nice, looks awesome! How is the light transmission with the 35% XPEL (vs the 50%) - it looks the best, as it's the darkest, but I don't want to cut too much light out from the actual tail lights. Thanks for creating this product, super cool!
Thank you 🙏 Let me get the kids to sleep in a few hours and I will make some pics and videos and will post here. I will compare all 3 versions + no tint at all at night time. Hopefully it turns out well and they don’t all look the same as the iPhone tends to make some corrections and doesn’t always represent the lighting accurately. Will update in 3-4 hours when done 👍

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
I shot a detailed video demonstrating the 3 tints + talking about them etc. It's now uploading on YouTube but it will take an hour so I will post a link in the morning as it's almost 4am. Here are some pics though (open the picture to see labels of what is what).

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg