Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how much difference that makes versus the door kits
Since I last posted on this thread I’ve fitted not only the trunk stuff and the door seals but also the stuff for the roof edges and also work on sealing the A pillars where they meet the front wings. Cumulative results are it all makes a difference not huge but noticeable. Most noticeable is the door seals and trunk mat. The roof seals moved the point where that noise source is intrusive to higher in the speed range. Trying to quantify the results is difficult as even repeating the same runs with no changes would result in slightly different numbers however qualitative responses from passenger and driver seats is that the environment has definitely improved. Is it worth the cost and effort personally yes especially on longer runs it feels more relaxing

G
Since I last posted on this thread I’ve fitted not only the trunk stuff and the door seals but also the stuff for the roof edges and also work on sealing the A pillars where they meet the front wings. Cumulative results are it all makes a difference not huge but noticeable. Most noticeable is the door seals and trunk mat. The roof seals moved the point where that noise source is intrusive to higher in the speed range. Trying to quantify the results is difficult as even repeating the same runs with no changes would result in slightly different numbers however qualitative responses from passenger and driver seats is that the environment has definitely improved. Is it worth the cost and effort personally yes especially on longer runs it feels more relaxing[/QUOTE

Good to know - thanks