Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Action to petition to NHTSA to limit the use of beta FSD on Public Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK:

Dear NHTSA, TXDOT, ARDOT, TNDOT and VADOT,

I just drove 1300 miles on Interstates 30, 40, 81 and 66 between Dallas and Washington DC over the course of two days. I had NO false (phantom) braking events during the entirety of this trip using Tesla's FSD "Navigate on Autopilot", (NOA) and what Tesla calls FSD beta 10.8.1.

At no time did my Model 3 Long Range slam on the brakes nearly causing a rear end collision from a tailgating driver. This caused me to waste much of the trip with my right foot resting on the accelerator waiting for the phantom braking events that never materialized. Several months ago, I had experienced many of these events on this exact same route. How could there be so much improvement in such little time?

This MUST be investigated. The internet has proven time after time that Tesla simply cannot make TACC and Autopilot works safely using their camera-only approach. Did Tesla simply disable emergency braking in this heavily used transportation corridor? I'm sure that some of NHTSA employees are familiar with the I66 route near the nations capitol. It's very suspicious that my Tesla could navigate that busy road, at night, without slamming on the brakes multiple times. It's just not credible that the car could do this. The internet has spoken.

Please look into this ASAP. I have to drive back to Dallas at the end of the week and I fear my car will continue this strange behavior.

Buy a honda. Problem solved.

- Sincerely NHTSA, TXDOT, ARDOT, TNDOT, and VADOT