Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 12.3 GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Auto Speed Correct option (off by default) is AMAZING. This is certainly the best update on FSDb that I've seen, by far. Looking forward to the upcoming advanced Summon and Banish! =)

I hope the 85 mph limit gets lifted at some point..
Does your auto speed go up to 85? Mine caps out at 75 so I had to turn it off.

With FSDb 12.3 believes the speed limit on the 55mph highway nearest me is 10 mph. This seems to annoy the folks who want to go 75 or 80. One of the passing cars cut back into my lane with a good 2" of clearance. When it sped off down the road, my car zipped up to 92 mph then back to 83 for a while then slowly drifted back down to 10, so I had to hold it at something reasonable with the accelerator pedal. Initially, the accelerator seemed to have no effect at all, but after mashing about on it for 1/2 mile or so, it began to allow me to set the actual speed that way. Initially was pretty scary when it didn't work at all.

It is still doing the "turn right in 1,000 feet", dive for the left lane, 1/2 there hold and think about it, then at the last moment, dive for the right lane and do the right turn and vice versa for left turns. It's certainly better than it was, but plenty of room for improvement yet.
Having similar problems with speed control...like it ignores set speed pretty much.

12.3 is definitely smoother than 11.4.9. Once it decides to GO at an intersection, it uses some acceleration which I like.

However, it still messes up in the same areas 11 messed up. The most dangerous example being when two lanes of traffic are turning at a stop light onto a highway overpass where the closest lane is an OPTIONAL on ramp lane and the other lanes cross the highway. Both 11 and 12 pick the farthest lane from the turning direction before the light, then turn into the closest crossing lane which is not FSD's lane! The visualization for 11 generally showed either the planned path blue line bouncing around, or going to the wrong lane. I don't see any planned path blue line when stopped at a light with 12.3 which makes me nervous. 12.3 still does not appear to recognize signs such as "Use Turn Signal" and in the other direction "Oncoming Traffic Does Not Stop!"

The recent obnoxious attention nag beeps also make monitoring FSD more difficult. I was even nagged when I checked the screen while I had the rear and side camera views covering the map. Apparently only the tiny physical rear view mirror is currently permitted, not the much better camera views.

Both with and without the new auto speed enabled FSD 12.3 definitely does NOT want to travel as fast as most traffic regardless of scroll wheel and chill/aggressive settings. If I do not manually press the accelerator I develop a tail of vehicles praying for me to turn off. Right now I really miss 11.4.9, though I have my Software Update Preference set to Advanced, so I did it to myself.

FSD 12.3 has triggered emergency lane departure assistance once (no curb on that street). I also had to take over when 12.3 tried to turn off into the parking lot BEFORE the desired parking lot. Version 11 has never missed that turn.

It definitely feels like one step forward, two steps back. However, I vaguely recall the same feeling jumping from 10.69.25.2 to 11.3.3, and the jump from 11.3.6 to 11.4.2 also involved some steps back. Hopefully 12.3.1 will arrive soon, though I don't see it yet on TeslaFi as I post this note.

I find the highway driving almost flawless. What are some improvements you are hoping for?
Passing behavior v11.4 is really, really bad. When it wants to pass, it will opportunistically and aggressively move into a small gap in the left lane to go around the slower vehicle. But then the old following distance logic takes over and the car backs way off the car in front of it. You can imagine how annoying that is to all the cars behind you that you just cutoff when the car came into the left lane.

Reactions: mgs333
+1 for how disquieting it is that Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Avoidance are so active while 12.3 is driving. I’ve had more EAB and LDA incidents on the few short drives on 12.3 than I’ve had in the previous almost 6 years of driving my car. At least I feel like these things are being reported as a package to Tesla for future training (although it will still ask you why you disengaged?!?)

+1 for how disquieting it is that Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Avoidance are so active while 12.3 is driving. I’ve had more EAB and LDA incidents on the few short drives on 12.3 than I’ve had in the previous almost 6 years of driving my car. At least I feel like these things are being reported as a package to Tesla for future training (although it will still ask you why you disengaged?!?)
Do you get AEB, FCWs, and LDAs frequently while driving either on FSD Beta or manually?

Do you get AEB, FCWs, and LDAs frequently while driving either on FSD Beta or manually?
I hate to say never, but i certainly can’t think of an instance right this minute. Definitely not LDA while on FSD. I am thinking it is a new possibility due to the change in the architecture, like the respective neural nets are running in parallel now instead of all part of the same stack.

I get a lot of FCW when driving manually but can think of only one AEB.

Last edited:
With 12.3 enabled, TACC is not available and single-pull FSD activation is set, regardless of your previous setting. So, if you use the wheel to take over, you go back to full manual operation, not TACC.
Agreed, TACC is no longer available with FSD enabled, only auto steer. (Even though information prompt on single vs double pull says otherwise)

I guess they’re trying to force more data collection from where users like me just disable fsd whenever certain driving conditions present themselves and utilized TACC. I’ve clearly learned where I can “safely” use FSD ( if I’m willing to put up with the incessant nags ) and where it just scares me and I just drive myself. not allowing TACC has caused me to just not enable FSD even though I paid $10K for that feature and used it when I was confident it could be trusted

FSD is horrid in traffic circles, and where highways change lane configurations and routinely whenever construction is present, it therefore just gets disabled, but TACC would still be an option and has been in the past. So many have complained about all of us being Beta testers, I guess there’s some truth there.

I’ve been warming up to Tesla FSD overall, but these things are three steps back unfortunately Why they think this is acceptable is perplexing at best.. we so love to have things forced upon us..

Last edited:
Reactions: tribhuvanji
With 12.3 enabled, TACC is not available and single-pull FSD activation is set, regardless of your previous setting. So, if you use the wheel to take over, you go back to full manual operation, not TACC.
I'm impressed with 12.3 so far, a bit slow on neighborhood streets but 11.x was usually way too fast around parked cars n kids. I am very disappointed that we can no longer engage TACC though. There are situations like windee mountain roads that I prefer to steer but am happy for the car to control speed on.

Reactions: jakimo
Hi @RobK, my M3P received 12.3 yesterday. I have a test drive loop I take that repeatedly made my cars disengage with multiple merges, corners, and whacky, hilly back roads that would crumple the V11s FSD. My wife and I took my M3P out on the test loop today and… absolutely perfect (although the car’s speed was a few mph below what I’d like it to do). So, V12.3 passed the spouse test!! NGL, I’m very impressed. Time to find a harder loop!!

Reactions: JB47394
Just got it and I can't believe how bad v12 is. From the reports I was expecting this to be a noticeable improvement, but it's almost unusable due to it just continually slowing down for no reason and it refuses to speed up again unless you press the accelerator. It also slams on the breaks way more often for things that are nowhere near the car or its travel path. I wish I could undo it and go back to v11.

Hi @RobK, my M3P received 12.3 yesterday. I have a test drive loop I take that repeatedly made my cars disengage with multiple merges, corners, and whacky, hilly back roads that would crumple the V11s FSD. My wife and I took my M3P out on the test loop today and… absolutely perfect (although the car’s speed was a few mph below what I’d like it to do). So, V12.3 passed the spouse test!! NGL, I’m very impressed. Time to find a harder loop!!
Yes V12.3 seems much better but still making few mistakes. One thing that I observed today is that I am not getting "stopping for stop light". "Creeping forward" etc messages. Have thy stopped displaying these messages on V12.3?

I wonder how they will do this on MS? I do wish they had a way to display FSD on the large MCU instead of the small front screen.
100% agree. High fidelity park assist would be so much better on the center display, also. One would think “tap to park” would have to be on the center display, unless they had some weird scroll wheel implementation to select.