TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Activate the rear window defroster from app

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by BTaylor32185, Jan 27, 2019.

1. BTaylor32185

BTaylor32185 Member

Is there a way to activate the rear window defroster using the Tesla app? I thought that I read somewhere that turning the heat to high would do this but when I tried doing so the other day before leaving work, I arrived to my car to find that the defroster was not on and it did not appear like it was ever activated.

2. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

Bug report it to Tesla that you want a way to activate the rear defroster (and rear mirrors) from the app. It’s either a missing feature or the app has UX (usability) issues in making it not obvious how to do that function.

3. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

I don't think there is a way to turn it on manually from the app at the moment. Seems to come on when using pre-conditioning when ambient temp is below 50.

4. patp

patp Member

It never works for me even in sub zero temperatures.