Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual rated wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AHA! thanks for examples and info. My Lexus 014 RX hybrid gets 30-32mpg @ $4.90/gal. My 7 mo old MY calculates out to 125mpg. But given my electricity costs of $.32/KwH(home charging 110A circuit) I figure it’s the equivalent of a 60mpg car so twice as good as Lexus. Hawaii kind of expensive.
But at least in Hawaii your speed limits are a lot less than the mainland. That should improve your overall miles per kwh - thus more miles per charge! I myself have noticed a BIG difference when I drive 77mph vs 82~85mph.

Reactions: Big Earl
Can't speak to "honesty", but personally I'm fine with 200 miles between supercharging. It matches with when I want a break and usually takes 20-30 minutes, which is enough of a break.

That 200 is the magic number between 85% SOC and 20% SOC (in practice). Gives me a 20% buffer and doesn't overcharge so the battery stays healthy.

I just wanted to know what the solid line meant ;)
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would answer one of your questions about the EPA 280Wh/mile. That is not the efficiency of the car on the road. That number includes the energy wasted coming to your house and going through a charger into the battery. The car uses ideally about 230Wh/mile from the battery. But another 50Wh/mile is burned up charging

Reactions: boulder.dude