Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add storage space for my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shopping for the organizer for my Model S and found the flocked one. I saw someone else post it before and ordered it. Really surprised by the quality when I received it. It's well made and fits very well. A little upgrade for my Model S I think.
Just in case someone would like to ask for the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RVSJ5NJ

1653386235737.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ayavner
Only thing I don't like about it is that the magnetic closure doesn't work as well.

I understand why, they needed a lip of some sort to keep it in place, but still annoying.

I'll probably eventually take apart the arm rest and see if I can upgrade the magnet strength.

Only thing I don't like about it is that the magnetic closure doesn't work as well.

I understand why, they needed a lip of some sort to keep it in place, but still annoying.

I'll probably eventually take apart the arm rest and see if I can upgrade the magnet strength.

Interesting. I have the original version without the flocking, and the magnet works great. If you are willing lightly sand or shave down the flock on top of front lip, I wonder if magnet would work. It's probably just a bit thicker than this one:

Interesting. I have the original version without the flocking, and the magnet works great. If you are willing lightly sand or shave down the flock on top of front lip, I wonder if magnet would work. It's probably just a bit thicker than this one:

My exact thought, the flocking added to it.... Had considered trying to shave it down but was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it look good....

I have quite a few magnets laying around for other non car related projects anyway so swapping those out was my first thought for a fix, but no more expensive than they are, I might try the shave first and buy a replacement if I screw it up. 😜

My exact thought, the flocking added to it.... Had considered trying to shave it down but was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it look good....

I have quite a few magnets laying around for other non car related projects anyway so swapping those out was my first thought for a fix, but no more expensive than they are, I might try the shave first and buy a replacement if I screw it up. 😜
Rather than shaving with x-acto or whatever, I bet sanding with fine paper would leave a more finished look. Just take off the fluff.

Now I want to try the flocked too :)

Reactions: Daniel454