Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add Wall Connector to Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been disconnected since early this morning and still no history.

Could you try removing the Wall Connector and adding it back on the app?

For me, the app works fine on my end.

Screenshot_20230920_212910_Tesla.jpg

I too struggled with this. You must be logged to the wall connector WiFi, then part way through it hooks to hone WiFi. I had previously set up hone WiFi on the wall connector, I have a 2.4 SSID for the wall connector and the car.

The issue I had was I am running a VPN, that had to be disabled to make the app setup work, so that might help someone else.

I also couldn't add the WC in the app. It got always stuck when he was updating the WC firmware, saying that he couldn't update it. I found out that I had to give the Tesla app permission to the local network in the iphone settings. So go to your iphone settings, scroll down to the tesla app and check for 'local network'. This worked for me.

Reactions: Teachgirl
Well, I added my two WCs, but I only see one of them in the app. Ugh.

Update: I guess that is my home in the app. It says I have an idle connector. I set both up. Both connected and firmware updated (on the second try for the second WC). I don't see either under "remove products", so I don't know if they are connected or not. Guess I will build up some charge history between them.

Last edited:
I also couldn't add the WC in the app. It got always stuck when he was updating the WC firmware, saying that he couldn't update it. I found out that I had to give the Tesla app permission to the local network in the iphone settings. So go to your iphone settings, scroll down to the tesla app and check for 'local network'. This worked for me.
I just want to thank you for this suggestion! I got my wall connector installed last May and after fighting to successfully get it connected to Wi-Fi I just left it alone for months. I really wanted to add it to the app, but it kept saying that it could not join. After searching high and low nothing worked until I completed your suggestion on my iPhone.

Giving the Tesla app permission to access my local network solved everything. Hope that this information helps someone else as well. 😊

Reactions: Jacob Vega