Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add Wall Connector to Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've installed the Gen 3 Wall Connector few weeks ago. I just received a MY today.
The Wall Connector can connect to my WIFI.
From the Tesla app, when I "Add / Remove Products" I don't see the Wall Connector. Did I do anything wrong?

Thank you,

image0(5).jpeg

Yeah, I've got a Gen II. All it does: Goes, "clunk" when one plugs a car into the cable. Goes "clunk" again when the cable is unplugged. (Just kidding: The clunk/unclunk is pretty much under control of the car under the Charging screen. Times to charge, scheduled departure, levels of charge: That's all the car. All the WC does is tell the car how much voltage/current is available and to Make Sure that everything's connected before the electrons start flowing.)

Reactions: bjhinkle
Thanks it seems my wall connector is connected to my wifi but it fails the process when trying to add it to the app.
Um. Depends upon the wi-fi. Quite a few wi-fi’s have MAC address filtering that allow something to connect, but then that’s it: no other connectivity, period. Or outside connectivity. Unless enabled from the wi-fi router’s control panel by whoever has the admin password. Netgears do this. Check your router and the allowed MAC addresses?

I think we are confusing a lot of things here. Yes, you connect the connector to WiFi during setup which sets the AMP limit and allows the connector to update the firmware. Presently, it doesn't do anything else. There is no way to add it to the Tesla app and there's no other functionality for the WiFi. Indeed, you have to connect directly to the connector's WiFi if you want to change the settings. You cannot interact with it through your home's wifi even after the connector has joined your WiFi network.

This (UK, or rather GB) page claims WC can be added to the app. So it is a thing

Reactions: father_of_6