Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added four figures’ value in just one minute!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might not have been four figures to you, but it was to me!

Basically, when I got my used 2016 MS 75D this summer, I noticed that the left and right hood edges were lower that the front “shoulders” (see pix). Once, when I took the car in for some service visit, I asked the tech about it, and he basically said, “that’s why you paid less for CPO.” I imagined it might take four figures of body work to align these, if I ever wanted to. I still loved my Tesla, but that misalignment grated on me.

One day, when I loaded something into the frunk (which I almost never do), I looked a little more closely and—lo and behold—there were a couple of screw out pads on the main body. They were screwed all the way down, but when I screwed then out about an inch and closed the frunk, voila! Four figures of alignment in just one minute, and free!

With that little fix, I feel like my Tesla looks just as good as any out there. Mmmm.

35B93B76-3BB4-4793-BB91-E3665B5B5A13.jpeg

7BAF911A-697C-41AE-B164-5514050DCCAF.jpeg

4A6A66DB-D7CC-4222-981B-7976B6254CA3.jpeg

73790066-7D7D-427D-84C6-42C75D2FF8D6.jpeg

Those screw out pads are what holds the frunk basin to the body.

I don’t know how much you aligned it vs the screws are putting more upward pressure on the frunk hood than the should.

Disagree--this is exactly what those adjusting bumpers are for, and shame on the SC tech for not doing that for you in seconds, vs. giving you that BS story about buying used. Shame, shame, shame.

Lastly, the tiny force applied by those pads is nothing compared to the aerodynamic lifting force at high speeds . . . .