Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a 911 emergency call on airbag deployment feature to Teslas in the U.S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if Tesla will be adding an SOS feature to the Teslas in the US. It seems strange that this hasnt been done already considering many other cars have had it for years even in lower price point cars. I know they added this feature to the European models since it is mandatory there. I also know that it ks possilbe the feature might not work if the accident occurs in a cellular dead zone but all the other auto manufacturers have been able to provide the feature successfully for a long time.

Musk has been saying this is a future offering, but when? I recently subscribed to Onstar "Guardian", an app on your phone. It seems to always correctly know when I am driving, and will act like the Onstar in GM cars when I am in an accident, calling me and 911. It uses the phone and its GPS for crash detection. It can also be used in other emergencies. $15 per month.

I am wondering if Tesla will be adding an SOS feature to the Teslas in the US.
Tesla did this in the early years. They would phone you if airbags deployed to see if you were alright and if you needed help. They may still do it today, but I don't know. It was never stated as an included feature and never required signup or fees like OnStar.