TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Adding a charging location to nav?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ai4px, Aug 29, 2018.

1. ai4px

ai4px Wes

I don't quite know where to put this question.... mods move it if wrong location.

Yesterday a new M3 owner looked up my home charger on plug share and asked about charging options in my town. I ended up riding around scouting a few hotels for 120v outlets for him and found a local hotel that recently opened and has a tesla charger out front.

I added it to plug share, but don't have a clue how to tell Tesla about it... it is one of their HPWCs. I figure if it was put in under their free HPWC program, they'd know and add it to the map... but the maintenance manager didn't know about that program and it's not in the nav system of my MS.

So... how do I get Tesla to become aware of it and add to the maps in the nav system?

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

I guess you can try to leave the details on its generic contact webpage and hopefully, your message will be forwarded to the navigation system department.

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

#3 MP3Mike, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    You could try submitting the form on the Tesla Charging partner site: Charging Partners | Tesla

Or you could email the team directly: Destination Charging Team

But does the hotel want to be listed? (I can't see why they would object, but you never know.)

• Like x 1
  4. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

what about saying bug report in the car? and then saying add destination charger to map for this hotel....etc..

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The odds of the information getting to the right place that way are even lower than the odds of any bug reported that way being addressed— if that’s possible.

• Funny x 1
  6. Tam

Tam Active Member

It takes more time to transcribe so I would recommend a detailed e-mail so Tesla can do copy and paste instead of voice.

7. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Sorry, havnt been around long enough to know which avenue reaches the right people the fastest. Couldnt hurt though right?

8. ai4px

ai4px Wes

I wrote an email and provided a link from plugshare.... I just *know* they'll get right on it just like they got right on linking my car to my tesla account!! <sarc> . lol.