Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding hitch option...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been discussed - but I can't seem to get in contact with anyone from Tesla through email/phone or chat..

I'm just at the hit "Submit" phase and I want to figure out the hitch issue before I continue. I noticed that the hitch option was made available after my deposit and initial build options were selected. I can't seem to find a way to add it now..

Should I contact Tesla and have it added or can it be added after delivery (are both options equivalent)?

Thanks

If you change your build options now, it would be the same as canceling and placing a new order. So that can affect your place in line and it would also affect your pricing if you ordered a while back when the car and FSD were a bit cheaper. You can add the hitch after you receive the car for $1200. Installation is included. There are some aftermarket hitches for less money, but you don't get the tow mode software upgrades or official Tesla wiring harness. You may be at the stage in your order where you can't reconfigure, so you would need to email to cancel or alter your order. It's worth asking I suppose. I also see you're in Ottawa, so I'm not sure on Canadian pricing details for the hitch as aftermarket. I know you guys often have to pay more for no good reason.

Hi All,

Just got a hold of a salesperson..

Yes - no difference whether you order on build options or after delivery except price. In Canada, $1300 if you add it or $1600 after delivery.
However, the price of my car configuration has gone up by $4000 - so I'll suck up the extra $300