TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Additional $2500 deposit?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by WARP 10, Jun 28, 2018.

1. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

2. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

3. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

Haven't checked the configurator yet, but I'm assuming this still won't help those who are looking for the standard battery.

4. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I have 2 reservations... 0 requests for more $$$. The $2500 is to actually order and configure... can't order the standard battery yet.

• Helpful x 1
  5. darrelld

darrelld Member

Clickbait. 2500 is to finalize your order, did the same with my Model S and now Model 3.

• Like x 2
  6. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

Just more misleading news trying to take the wind out of TSLA stock's sails.

There were a number of articles today about this, most trying to make it seem like some kind of extortion scam, when nothing has changed - you always had to make a down payment when configuring / ordering. It might be more on the S/X?

7. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

^Yea, $5k. Desperate news agencies. Cut your cables (and subscriptions).

8. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

Yeah, realized all that after I posted this. Saw it on the iPhone stock app news feed and looked like breaking news. Then I remembered my $2500 on my model S (just no $1000 reservation deposit).