Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y Canada Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Just wondering if you had a chance to inspect your new Tesla undercarriage before or after the delivery. I got my 2024 Tesla Y around end of Feb and mine looks like it might have been in the flood field and I have quite of accumulation of mud and gravel underneath of the vehicle. What you want to look for is mud spots undercarriage and debris trapped inside of the front skid plate area. I hope yours is okay but if you or someone you know find similar issues, please let me know. Thank You! 🙏

Got the VIN 7SAYGDEE4RF04XXXX

Can some decode to get full detais out of this like Birth Date, Battery Chemistry, Motor Type etc?

It doesn’t give you as much information as you might think it would.

IMG_4999.jpeg

Hi I am researching on the MY RWD in Canada. From the information I got thus far the MY from Giga Shanghai received much praise due to higher quality build.
Has the Fremont built MY improved? Does Canada receive from both countries and it's a matter of random allocation?

thanks.

Hi I am researching on the MY RWD in Canada. From the information I got thus far the MY from Giga Shanghai received much praise due to higher quality build.
Has the Fremont built MY improved? Does Canada receive from both countries and it's a matter of random allocation?

thanks.
I picked up my Model Y RWD last Sunday, it is a Fremont build and I do have to say that the build quality is really good. I have not found any issues so far. My understanding is that all Model Y RWD will be coming from Fremont and they are built for the Canadian market (LFP Battery).
I will trying to determine in the next few weeks which LFP battery that it comes with CATL or Blade.

Hope this helps.

Did you get a chance to super charge?
I finally got a chance to SC, but the battery was not at optimal temp and I was around~50 %, only got charge rate up to 60kw max before it started to go down again once it reached around 60%, I did not charge much after this point as figured I needed to get it down to a lower percentage and pre condition before my next attempt.. I think the blade battery may charge better in cold weather so I doubt I have a blade....

Reactions: Toyotomi
Any update on the charge rate? I got a chance to take a 2024 MYSR home from Tesla Sales for the weekend. VIN indicates Fremont and the 7th digit is an 'E'. The charge app Tips indicate to charge to 100% a week. I didn't have a chance to use the free SC so have no idea.

I feel it is a 2170 Panasonic battery that has been software locked with a buffer built in. I cannot imagine why Fremont plant would switch to LFP just for the Canadian market while their majority volume is for the domestic market using NMC. Hope I am wrong.