Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting rear coilovers ride height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Echoing what a few have mentioned that you can adjust the rear without dropping the suspension. I got tired of dropping it everytime I wanted to adjust. It depends which way you’re going and which side of the car you’re working on, but the driver rear has plenty of room to pull the spanner (to lower). I was able to drop the driver side 10mm w relative ease. The rear passenger was a bit harder since you had to push the spanner in and you don’t have as much leverage but it still works fine. Just wear a pair of mechanix gloves and wrap a thin towel around the spanner to help it from digging into your hands.

Attachments

• 6E22E44B-9190-463A-8527-024A03D436EA.jpeg
    6E22E44B-9190-463A-8527-024A03D436EA.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 130
Anyone have any insight on how long coilovers take to settle? I'm running a set of recently installed (1 week) MPP coils and the front is maybe 1/4 inch (6mm) higher than the rear (roughly).

During the install the shop thought the front was too low out of the box so adjusted them. The difference isn't much but it has consumed me :)

The recommenced MPP settings are actually opposite (slightly higher rear than front by roughly the same delta ~ 5mm). Not sure why that is.

Was looking for a one finger gap on the fronts and rear so wondering if they will settle over time or if I need to go back to the shop to have the height adjusted.

Thanks all.

Side note: The MPP coils are simply amazing. Set the rebound and compression to 10/8.

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass