Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for damaged Model S in Colorado

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear about the lack of any gain from the original offer, but congrats on the ordeal being over. Question about the numbers from your consult - was the lawyer saying you would pay him the maximum of ($1500,1/3 of judgment) or that his fee was $1500 + 1/3?

Lawyer_Payment = MAX($1500, 1/3*(Judgement-$6800);

Here is a quick table to give a couple examples of the price the lawyer would charge:
Judgement Lawyer Payment
$0 $1500
$6,800 $1500
$11,300 $1500
$15,000 $2733.33 (=(15000-6800)/3)

Hope this helps.

no way i would leave my car at some body shop for 6 months outside in the conditions...I park at home in the garage and just cant see leaving it somewhere in a lot for 6 months..How would they charge it?

I had the same anxiety about leaving my car there. Unfortunately, this seems to be the new reality for cars in CO. I don't think its just hail damage but the fact that population has severely outpaced bodyshops (and all other utilities). A co-worker hit a deer 2 months back in his Toyota Tacoma. It broke his radiator so the car is truly undriveable. The car is now being repaired and he should get the car back in week or so, >2 months after the incident.

I had the same anxiety about leaving my car there. Unfortunately, this seems to be the new reality for cars in CO. I don't think its just hail damage but the fact that population has severely outpaced bodyshops (and all other utilities). A co-worker hit a deer 2 months back in his Toyota Tacoma. It broke his radiator so the car is truly undriveable. The car is now being repaired and he should get the car back in week or so, >2 months after the incident.

Yea, if your car is driveable, you consider yourself lucky that you don't have to drive a rental for 3-6 months.

I was super excited to learn a Service King in Colorado Springs was added to the list of authorized repair centers. This was right after a car detailer dented my quarter panel. (same quarter panel that was replaced 6 months earlier :mad:) I took it to get an estimate and it came back at $1400. Took it back a week later to get the repairs done only to find out they removed themselves from the authorized repair center list. He wouldn't even paint a quarter panel!!! Body work is getting worse, not better.

Sorry you didn't get more DV.