Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed: Convincing Husband to Go Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ROF-LOL... well done gents. One ole phart pokes his head up to offer a bit wisdom, and it has effect of drawing every dinosaur in town out of wood work. :rolleyes: hehehehehehehe

Appreciate the additional input covering the points I missed.

My next suggestion is for you to try A Better Route Planner.

A Better Routeplanner

This older version responds reasonable well in the Tesla and... it will let you enter Temperature, Road Conditions and Head Winds. With this done it gives really good estimates of the charge needed to get from A to B and Tesla SuperChargers you need to visit along the way.

Try it in you home computer, I do all my trip preplanning with ABRP in the comfort of my home.

In closing... Congrats and great photo of you with your new baby.

As the Brit's would say "Welcome to the Tesla family luv!" :)

Cheerio! Hugh-SG

Last edited:
Have you thought about getting a new Husband? Preferably one that likes technology(tesla)

Edit: Holy shiz people it's a joke. I came in because i remembered i hadn't added reason to get one but never mind lol.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Saghost
No offense to @ellienovember but can we close this thread? It's bringing out the worst of the worst - people with nasty attitudes who don't bother reading the rest of the thread... including the very happy ending to the story.

Vehicle ordered, delivered, very happy couple, the end.
I wish I had a happy ending with my wife. Got the car September 2018 and she has yet to drive it.. Not even a single time.

I had a similar issue with my SO, who just refuses to drive our MX, doesn't understand it, and feels too light. She was coming from a large mercedes GL series, which is slow and plodding. The 'light' feeling apparently conveys an unsafe feeling which translates to 'it must not be safe since it is not heavy'.... Whatever, i'm glad i got our MX and use it all the time, and right now super happy that i don't have to go to the gas station, wipe down the gas station pin pad, credit card swipe terminal, and handle of the gas pump....