Wow this thread came back to life out of nowhere. I unfortunately don't really have any update. It is clear what happened, and they denied it. At that point I let it go and decided there were bigger hills to die on. I did get a quote from Tesla to replace it and it was about $900. I didn't do it then, decided to wait until later. 3 months later, I honestly don't even think about it any more. As I said in one of my previous posts, I am planning on keeping the car 5+ years, so who knows by then how much it will affect the resale value. If it were on the driver side, I probably would have gotten it done right away, seeing it every time I get in the car.