Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 x75. It has less than 60k miles yet 100% soc is only 220miles on thr odometer. I almost always only charge 90%. I setup a service appointment but they remotely diagnosed it as within spec which I found surprising. Any advice?

Any way to force some accelerated degredation and/or BMS faults to prompt a replacement before the warranty expires?
Yes, Supercharge 100% of the time to 100% SOC, if you can, WOT as much as you desire. If you have ludicrous launch capability, there used to be a limit on how many launches and you get a new battery or DU if still under the warranty (i forget which), it was some number north of 500-900 IIRC. I recall that on my friend his P90DL S when we both worked at Tesla. That is about the only way to drastically reduce the top end charge limits and eat up some non-recoverable capacity. (in my day job, I try to make batteries last as long as possible on the shelf for a consumer electronics company) Have not scrubbed the warranty or changes made on the battery, but I don't think they can deny warranty coverage for doing what I said above. Note, I do not do this with my cars. Anything else would be "tampering"

Reactions: m5james
Unfortunately I don't have FUSC included with my purchase but I can change the SOC to 100% all the time at home. As for driving, I pretty much drive all my cars as if I'm already 20 min late so being WOT for onramps, passing, even some roll racing is going to be a given. Is there a way on the screen to see how many times it's been WOT in it's lifetime? I downloaded an app yesterday called Scan My Tesla that reads from the OBDII port but have yet to try it. Either way I doubt it's seen many launches anyways since the original owners are a couple in their 60's and I'm the second owner.

I can say that I’ve supercharged my car 95% of the time due to the free supercharging and for a 2016 90D 87k miles at 100% I have 242 (257 base). I charge it to 90% then drive home almost all of the time, so not quite 100%. I’ve been impressed by the main battery. Other issues, not so much lol

Reactions: brainhouston
Unfortunately I don't have FUSC included with my purchase but I can change the SOC to 100% all the time at home. As for driving, I pretty much drive all my cars as if I'm already 20 min late so being WOT for onramps, passing, even some roll racing is going to be a given. Is there a way on the screen to see how many times it's been WOT in it's lifetime? I downloaded an app yesterday called Scan My Tesla that reads from the OBDII port but have yet to try it. Either way I doubt it's seen many launches anyways since the original owners are a couple in their 60's and I'm the second owner.
no you can't see it but Tesla can, and can see when on what day and time every single launch happened. Theres an internal site where you can monitor in real time any VIN and see all historical data/metics; like you put can in drive before closing the doors. I used to peruse my model S WOT CNT, charging habits. Creepy but only ever used my VIN.