Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

advice on buying a second hand model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cheers everyone - can i also ask what the audio system is like on standard M3 compared to LR or P versions. Also what are the headlights like.
2 of the favourite features of my audi is the sound system which is brilliant ( i have the B&O upgrade) . I also have the adaptive headlights so in winter my car lives in full beam mode and the lights dip/move so as not to reflect oncoming traffic.

am I to take it Tesla's headlight system is not top draw
They now have matrix lights but they only work like standard lights in terms of dip or high beam. There are frequent rumours that a software update will enable a more sophisticated functionality but this is by no means a given. Most people think their lights are OK but others with experience of top spec matrix controlled lighting remain decidedly unimpressed!

am I to take it Tesla's headlight system is not top draw
The 2021+ models with Matrix headlights aren't adaptive so you will be going back a step from your Audi however these are brighter than the 2019/2020 models.

can i also ask what the audio system is like on standard M3 compared to LR or P versions.
Standard audio lacks a sub and will probably be a disappointment if you have an upgraded audio system. The premium audio is better but not in the same league as the ML system in my previous Lexus. Not sure how it compares to your B&O.