Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

aero covers scratching inner edge of wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Model 3 LR dual motor since August of last year. I have the aero covers on all the time unless washing the car. I noticed today scratch marks all over, all four wheels (see images), the aero wheels are digging/scratching the wheels. Any ideas about this problem? eyesore now when looking up close.

Attachments

• 20190602_174606.jpg
    20190602_174606.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 20190602_174621.jpg
    20190602_174621.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 273
Yes, it is pretty well known that brake dust and other debris will work in between the cover and wheel and cause scuffing. That's why if you think you may drive the car without the aeros it is recommended to go ahead and remove them asap.

I ordered the wheel kit and will put my aeros back.on only for long trips.

I have scratches too. But not against the putter rim like yours. But against the clips, where the clips rest against the wheel.

It’s not bad. But it def is starting to show.

I like to alternate between the aero covers and the bare rims. But seems like I need to just leave the covers off now.

Inside edge of my wheels when I pop off the aero covers looks fine to me... You sure you have yours completely seated? Is it for sure scratches and not residue or something? I'm at ~13k miles for reference on a LRWD.

All covers are seated and secured. I'm at 15k with mine. I'll double check hopefully it's residue. Feeling it from finger yesterday it's rough.

Can someone post some pics of their wheels that have had aero covers on for awhile, post the mileage with the pic? I have a road trip coming up and have never had them on. I took them off at delivery. I prefer them off and do not want damage on the actual rim. Thanks!