Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheel Cap Kit for 20" P Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone knows if the Aero Wheel Cap Kit will work for the 20" wheels that come stock on the Performance models? I'm asking because I powder coated mine a charcoal grey color, and wanted to see how they look without the stock plastic center hub.

Here's the kit:

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

According to TSportline's wheel guide, the center bore and lugnuts are the same between the 18" and the 20" wheels, so in theory it should work, right?

The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide

Anyone knows if the Aero Wheel Cap Kit will work for the 20" wheels that come stock on the Performance models? I'm asking because I powder coated mine a charcoal grey color, and wanted to see how they look without the stock plastic center hub.

Here's the kit:

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

According to TSportline's wheel guide, the center bore and lugnuts are the same between the 18" and the 20" wheels, so in theory it should work, right?

The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide

Why in the world would you want to put an aero kit on the 20" rims? You can't see the lugs.

Sorry I never updated this thread. I did buy the kit and it does fit. Not completely flush like you said, but close enough.

I started a poll in the big Facebook group and got a lot of responses. After about 100 responses later, 60% prefer the look with the aero kit; 40% prefer the stock wheel hub.

Reactions: dmd2005
Sorry I never updated this thread. I did buy the kit and it does fit. Not completely flush like you said, but close enough.

I started a poll in the big Facebook group and got a lot of responses. After about 100 responses later, 60% prefer the look with the aero kit; 40% prefer the stock wheel hub.

You can’t please everyone. As long as you like the aero kit then who cares what others think. Some people like vanilla and others like chocolate. Regardless, I enjoy seeing any Model 3 and the owners can do what they like with them. Personally, I like adding little things to be different than the stock look and awaiting for my Black Friday custom two-tone VS03 Forged wheels to be finished.

You can’t please everyone. As long as you like the aero kit then who cares what others think. Some people like vanilla and others like chocolate. Regardless, I enjoy seeing any Model 3 and the owners can do what they like with them. Personally, I like adding little things to be different than the stock look and awaiting for my Black Friday custom two-tone VS03 Forged wheels to be finished.
Agreed. Just pointing out that it appears (based on the small samples I've collected) that more than half of the people like the look, and a significant number of people don't :)

Looking forward to seeing your custom wheels!

Well? Let's see them! :D

Does anyone have a picture of Aero Wheel Cap kit on 20" wheels. Would be nice to see what that looks like without the 20" center cap that they come with originally.

The grey center cap that comes with the Aero Wheel Cap kit doesn't quite match the grey of my powder coated wheels. So I put black vinyl over the caps.

2.jpg

Well? Let's see them! :D

The grey center cap that comes with the Aero Wheel Cap kit doesn't quite match the grey of my powder coated wheels. So I put black vinyl over the caps.

View attachment 382862

Had them on for a few days before I swapped them out for the winter setup when the snow was flying.

Attachments

• 096EC0AC-F00A-4FC3-AD64-BC0DE4579F67.jpeg
    096EC0AC-F00A-4FC3-AD64-BC0DE4579F67.jpeg
    747.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DA8CB5E4-BE75-429C-8B73-80373A08534E.jpeg
    DA8CB5E4-BE75-429C-8B73-80373A08534E.jpeg
    650.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 51086AEB-059C-4B16-9C24-E63F3D365EE4.jpeg
    51086AEB-059C-4B16-9C24-E63F3D365EE4.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 188
  • D70D2F9F-B7C8-4E44-BCDD-F278A9AEC4EC.jpeg
    D70D2F9F-B7C8-4E44-BCDD-F278A9AEC4EC.jpeg