Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheel cap kit - updated 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I am not a big fan of the Aero wheels without the caps - they look unfinished to me. But that is just my opinion.

HOWEVER, I remember once seeing a center cap that filled in the indented part in the center, including covering the lug nuts. At the time, I didn't capture where they came from and I have been searching in vain ever since to find them. If anyone knows where to find them, let me know - I will be most grateful.

These? Custom Aero Wheels

Reactions: Kevy Baby
Of course I finally decided to order the aero cap kit just as Tesla decided to change it... looking to find something that resembles the old version, but with reasonable quality. Has anyone ever tried this brand? Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit - Easy Remove - Tesloid Canada
I know it's currently out of stock, but I'm willing to wait... Have seen some similar kits on amazon reviewed as being terrible, so just don't want to order some garbage that's going to fall apart or scratch the wheel or something.

EDIT: Did some more searching, and found EVANNEX has some fairly similar looking caps to the original Tesla ones. Anyone tried these? Wheel Center Cap Kit for Tesla Owners

Also, interestingly, they list that the covers fit model 3 and Y tires... which means that the model Y kit from Tesla would presumably fit the 3? But it also looks like it would be obnoxiously chrome-y on the stock model 3 wheels...

Last edited:
Here you go:
Those are just lug nut COVERS; not a center cap kit.

Also, I was amused by the photos on the silver wheels where the "other" lug nuts are towards the top of the hole, but the black ones are more deeply installed. Like a CAP is somehow going to be shallower than the lug nuts they are covering. Something about these people just rubs me the wrong way.

Has anyone bought and used the center cap kit from Customaerowheels?
They are now back in stock, $60 for the set of 4 with a 10% discount for Memorial Day sales?

I have seen many youtube videos but they are all sponsored and the person gets paid, I want non-biased.