Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took mine off. They are still in the garage though and I might throw them on again when I go on my first roadtrip next month.

Does anyone know how you're supposed to remove the T logo center hub cap though so you can put the aero covers back on? Once it's snapped into place, it seems awfully permanent.

I took mine off. They are still in the garage though and I might throw them on again when I go on my first roadtrip next month.

Does anyone know how you're supposed to remove the T logo center hub cap though so you can put the aero covers back on? Once it's snapped into place, it seems awfully permanent.

I have seen where others have used a suction cup to remove the center cap.

We love our Aero's they look great!
JfzJv6pEGGcNcjAhXXofl50U9vT_QiZLKhgI4EFOvzfU-l0CBYeOM6mR7mpLYHUnQUzg_M_l16MNEn8RDKlxE_v-8fumWz9jGSgyA-5V6GS3Q7SozaMHelRPt4ijqWH2Iqr-f8QkXQJztDtA0GAb_9S-Wr3JrPwju8epSrYoxB-RbbvE-9U2h4Jtkn83KJ9jnklfL4iQq98H0VAPWG3HibNcVKisxUyy9KkCwRhrOw_ukb5jIgO45NUKA66Gl8F86dS76bAwARgLjW01BoU2sX7XaLlz37wf3f-Rr0ksZl3_pHDwtLSURKF5ywU8Fp48AxMoOhXKBHUqtq2_11LMmzDfQWlQ3xrhYMADRYnamQiZJSTSwWpfAi_Z5vSbgl-TnIRdGfxo06juVHjkZ2P0cEVCnKGoNKN22YXVTAaXsR0hmHeItWugfAZMLx3X-5ZvsK3_Z1g3wkCTD4o475FLEz7uECufogxVxZeDjY7hssC87KvrrlIRjYfa0NHJzhV_eIOTw5Lm5OgJrrB8lDkURm4y4WW-vjKCWzPfr1-GiMjYo5bCy1iQFZ8uzjsgHjnLnlbTjIghsIJH7PIXnxBLe6_v7PJ2q8gZzTX8Uooi-wRvcBZ_l6M34B8zkiORVmUc=w1636-h920-no

When I first saw them I assumed they were the expensive option, not the cheaper default.

I grew up in the days when there was always some guy on the block stealing these things from cars that drove in from the suburbs, and now folks are tossing them out. ;)

I plan to keep mine, maybe get something to lock em o in case I park in town... :O

Long commute so if I can squeeze out even 3cm more range I will do it, and I like the look. It makes the car look more distinct.

Reactions: gavine
When I first saw them I assumed they were the expensive option, not the cheaper default.

I grew up in the days when there was always some guy on the block stealing these things from cars that drove in from the suburbs, and now folks are tossing them out. ;)

I plan to keep mine, maybe get something to lock em o in case I park in town... :O

Long commute so if I can squeeze out even 3cm more range I will do it, and I like the look. It makes the car look more distinct.

I have a friend who parked next to a Model 3 for the first time and he raved about the wheels. He said "you have to get these wheels on yours.They are awesome". He sent me a picture and, guess what, they were the aero covers.

I have seen where others have used a suction cup to remove the center cap.
That must be one amazingly powerful suction cup. Is there a video of someone doing this?

I took them off and use them only on the occasional road trip. They'll be great for using snow chains and not scratching the underlying wheels. Anyway, they're a nice option to have. I use an eyeglass screwdriver to pop off the center caps.
An eyeglass screwdriver is a very thin piece of metal. Doesn't that scratch or dent the center caps?

Aeros off. They now reside in my basement. I like the look of the rims underneath with the center cap kit and yes, the suction cups from Amazon work perfectly to remove them. I may pop the aeros on in winter if the range goes down as much as mentioned in some threads.