Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Market Full Self Driving Purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you may be aware, Elon has mentioned Tesla is increasing the price of after market full self driving package by $1000 this month to $6000. I believe the day is August 16th, but don't quote me on this. He already has increased the price this past May by $1000, and has said price increases will happen often as full self driving will come out of beta soon later this year or early spring. He has also said he believes because of this, Tesla cars are now an appreciating asset. A statement I find ironic considering a car My 2018 Tesla Model S 75D I purchased for $105K in December 2017 had a trade in value of $50K quoted by Tesla themselves!!!.

Anyways, that's besides the point. I really enjoy the car but need to decide whether I should purchase the FSD package now as I love this car and will be keeping for a very long time or its just not worth it. I don't want to give up free super charging by upgrading to another Tesla. I am wondering what others are thinking about this. Are people ordering new cars getting the FSD as they consider this going up in price later on, or is lack of trust for FSD keeping people away.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
As of today you can upgrade to a new tesla and get free supercharging

Having said that, there’s no way I’d get FSD, I simply don’t keep cars long enough and I don’t believe FSD is coming anytime soon.

This whole bs about the cars being an appreciating asset is pure BS plain and simple. I can’t even believe Elon said that with a straight face.

As you may be aware, Elon has mentioned Tesla is increasing the price of after market full self driving package by $1000 this month to $6000. I believe the day is August 16th, but don't quote me on this. He already has increased the price this past May by $1000, and has said price increases will happen often as full self driving will come out of beta soon later this year or early spring. He has also said he believes because of this, Tesla cars are now an appreciating asset. A statement I find ironic considering a car My 2018 Tesla Model S 75D I purchased for $105K in December 2017 had a trade in value of $50K quoted by Tesla themselves!!!.

Anyways, that's besides the point. I really enjoy the car but need to decide whether I should purchase the FSD package now as I love this car and will be keeping for a very long time or its just not worth it. I don't want to give up free super charging by upgrading to another Tesla. I am wondering what others are thinking about this. Are people ordering new cars getting the FSD as they consider this going up in price later on, or is lack of trust for FSD keeping people away.
You purchased a $105,000 car and are worried about losing free Supercharging? As for FSD, no one knows how it will pan out. I personally believe stoplights and stop signs will be a huge problem and it will be tough for drivers to be able to react in time when it screws up.

Reactions: Wol747