TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

After market wheels and lugnuts question.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Dan60D, Sep 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dan60D

Dan60D Member

Can I use stock lug nuts for after market wheels?

I tried using the bolts set from Vorsteiner because it says it's specifically for :BMW, Tesla.

For some reason my mechanic said I can only use the lug nuts on MS.

Vorsteiner Spline Wheel Bolts Set (14x1.25)

2. finiteyoda

finiteyoda Member

You'll likely need new lug nuts (emphasis on nuts, what you have are wheel bolts, which aren't compatible with the Tesla). The OEM lug nuts are conical, but have a large shoulder, meaning they're too wide to fit in the openings on most after market wheels. Look for a bulge conical / tapered type nut, that are right length for your wheels, can be torqued to 130 ft/lb, and you should be good to go.

• Like x 1
  3. S3XYBack

S3XYBack Member

Anyone share BLACK aftermarket lugnuts that are compatible with OEM 19s?
    Can be torqued to the factory spec etc

Thank you!

4. S3XYBack

S3XYBack Member

#4 S3XYBack, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    answering my own question for newbie owner like me. I see people going with gorilla lug nuts.

Gorilla Lug Nuts for Tesla Model S

now to find who selling for best price...

UPDATE:
    maybe not...
    WARNING: Gorilla Wheel Locks...

and it sounds like oem lugs are garbage too based on some threads... Man this is an interesting car lol