Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarker Sound Upgrade of 3 Front 4" speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't had an issue so far. I tried to set the sub amp gains by measuring AC voltage, but even at max gain never got to the calculated max. I left the amp gain at about 3/4 because 100% just seemed like asking for trouble. The other issue with the big draw when the amps capacitors charge up initially, I haven't had a problem there either. I do have the DSP sending the turn on signal to the sub amp, though, and have a 1 second delay set up before it outputs any audio. Maybe that helps?
Thats great! Maybe one second time delay is the sweet spot? It makes me wonder if I can setup a Audiocontrol LCI2pro to send remote turn on with a time delay to a 2000w 5 channel amplifier sending power to one 10” sub and midrange speakers and hopefully eliminate the power reduced error that some have been getting. I just think that the whole solenoid and resistor setup should be simplified with something simpler haha

Anybody ever wired oem tweeter to dash speaker, like if it was a 2 way coax ?

Thinking about installing FaitalPro and tie the tweeter to them ?

1709666203180.png

View attachment 1024914
That's how the Hansshow harness does it, in parallel with the dash. The harness I bought from Amazon put them in parallel with the rear door speakers, which I think is dumb. Shouldn't be too tough to drop a wire down from the dash speakers, and you can find the tweeter wires behind the trim by the passenger and driver feet before they go into the door. That, or you can get both left and right dash signals from the black connector on the MCU under the dash, and run from there.

Or do what I did and run them all active on a DSP.

Reactions: RWAudio
Do you lnow where I can find those tweeter wires ? Where do they go ?
I have some information in a different thread about the Hansshow harness, wiring pinouts etc, perhaps it will be useful to you.

Do you lnow where I can find those tweeter wires ? Where do they go ?
On both sides, pull the trim piece that covers the rocker panels and the area your foot would sit next to. Plenty of videos on how to do this, including any of the "Speaker Activation Harness" videos. You will see tons of wires bundled up just forward of the door, but if I remember correctly only ONE of those bundles goes back into the body via a connector that then goes into the door. Your tweeter wires are in that bundle. I believe the pair are twisted together and they MAY be Black+ Violet- on the left and White+ Red- on the right. I've read sometimes the wire colors change. The schematics show that the wire color will be the same as what is going into the tweeter, which is very easy to pop off by pulling straight up.

Here is where you can find circuit and connector diagrams, you may need to log in with your Tesla account. 2017 - 2023 Model 3

View attachment 1024914

I was able to experiment with different high-pass frequencies for the stock tweeters, and I settled on 4K. Those FaitalPros will likely start to fall off at about that range when mounted in the stock location:

1710518528679.png

You also get some nasty cancelation from the dash speakers off the windshield somewhere between 2K and 4K, so if you can experiment you may find that you like the tweeters playing even lower to fill in those gaps.

I was able to experiment with different high-pass frequencies for the stock tweeters, and I settled on 4K. Those FaitalPros will likely start to fall off at about that range when mounted in the stock location:

View attachment 1028315

You also get some nasty cancelation from the dash speakers off the windshield somewhere between 2K and 4K, so if you can experiment you may find that you like the tweeters playing even lower to fill in those gaps.
Awesome information!!!

There's some great info in this video about the 4FE35 which would be very similar to the 4FE32.