Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Add-Ons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

5_+JqckQttqck

Apr 27, 2018
Toronto
Hi everyone.

Just wondering what kind of goodies is everyone planning for their M3's :)

I'm planning a DIY wrap to tint the chrome bits for a darken look. Vinyl wrapping the insides with red. Red rim ring accents (no idea where to get these, will figure out dimensions after I take delivery).

Red glowing Tesla logo'd for the driver and passenger side entrance would be nice; anyone know a place to get something like this? I saw it on a Model S.

Planning to DIY paint correction, xpel ppf, ceramic coat, and centre console in xpel stealth ppf. I reckon it will be out of commission for a week after delivery while I dial it in and go through a ppf learning curve.

I plan on the same intially, we should meet up and trade notes / help each other out! I've found a good place to get 3M PPF (xpel stealth looks sweet though). Where will you get your supplies?

I plan on the same intially, we should meet up and trade notes / help each other out! I've found a good place to get 3M PPF (xpel stealth looks sweet though). Where will you get your supplies?

Sure,we can try that! I've already purchased direct from Xpel their Ultimate film for the exterior panels I'm covering and the Stealth for the centre console. I already have detailing supplies for paint correction in my arsenal, and I'll be shopping around for a ceramic coating shortly.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Front Glass Roof Sun Protector (from Tesla) helps tremendously.
Console Wrap from RPM Tesla because the stock glossy Black is a finger print and (worse) scratch magnet.

I've only seen the glass roof protector in the US store.

Also, I have read bad experiences with the cut quality of the RPM Tesla wraps. I just bought my own vinyl and will cut it myself. Should not be too hard to trim. Plus it's a lot cheaper than their ridiculously marked up wraps.

Reactions: akidesir
  • Floor mats that will handle our wet West Coast weather. While I'd love to get the Weather Tech ones, my husband just laughed when I mentioned the price and referred me to Canadian Tire :rolleyes:

• Would like to do chrome delete around the windows and also have the door handles match the body colour. Not sure if I can get this done locally on the Island, so we'll see. Also thinking about replacing the T logo with the TESLA lettering on the back.

• Tire repair kit. Insert husband's Canadian Tire response from above.

• Not a car add-on exactly, but - as I'll be parking under a huge copper beech tree - thinking to install one or two shade sails to create a carport which will hopefully protect the car from the sticky stuff that drops off the tree during the spring & summer.

Reactions: akidesir
  • Floor mats that will handle our wet West Coast weather. While I'd love to get the Weather Tech ones, my husband just laughed when I mentioned the price and referred me to Canadian Tire :rolleyes:
  • Would like to do chrome delete around the windows and also have the door handles match the body colour. Not sure if I can get this done locally on the Island, so we'll see. Also thinking about replacing the T logo with the TESLA lettering on the back.

• Tire repair kit. Insert husband's Canadian Tire response from above.

• Not a car add-on exactly, but - as I'll be parking under a huge copper beech tree - thinking to install one or two shade sails to create a carport which will hopefully protect the car from the sticky stuff that drops off the tree during the spring & summer.

For the price you're paying for your Model 3, the price of WeatherTechs is minimal. They are much better than those flimsy mats Canadian Tire/Big Box stores sell. You'll never need to purchase car mats again. Actually, I think Canadian Tire sells WeatherTechs.

Reactions: Kira
For the price you're paying for your Model 3, the price of WeatherTechs is minimal. They are much better than those flimsy mats Canadian Tire/Big Box stores sell. You'll never need to purchase car mats again. Actually, I think Canadian Tire sells WeatherTechs.

I ordered the 3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber Floor mats for my model 3
3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber Floor Mats

I was a huge fan of Weathertech floor liners for all my previous vehicles, but I've heard some good things about these mats which are precision fit and similar to the weathertech's but have a higher lip to protect from salt stains etc. and extra sound barrier and other interesting features.

I ordered the 3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber Floor mats for my model 3
3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber Floor Mats

I was a huge fan of Weathertech floor liners for all my previous vehicles, but I've heard some good things about these mats which are precision fit and similar to the weathertech's but have a higher lip to protect from salt stains etc. and extra sound barrier and other interesting features.

Nice! I was planning on getting these as well, but weren't out yet for the 3 when I looked a few weeks back. I think costco.ca also carries them, I will check

Nice! I was planning on getting these as well, but weren't out yet for the 3 when I looked a few weeks back. I think costco.ca also carries them, I will check
I ordered it to my friend's place in the states, and will have him ship it to me. Costco.ca doesn't have it for the Model 3, and the usual sites amazon.com (usa) doesn't have it for the Model 3 yet. I got a E-mail from them and they're saying it'll be shipped probably next week or the week after.

• Informative
Reactions: Muskol
I ordered it to my friend's place in the states, and will have him ship it to me. Costco.ca doesn't have it for the Model 3, and the usual sites amazon.com (usa) doesn't have it for the Model 3 yet. I got a E-mail from them and they're saying it'll be shipped probably next week or the week after.

Cool. Yeh just checked costco.ca and TM3 not listed yet, I emailed the mfg to advise. I technically don't need them until the winter weather returns, so will just get them from costco once available.