TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket Audio (Matt Schaeffer - Sound FX)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Cutwolf, May 27, 2018.

1. Cutwolf

Cutwolf Member

Hi all --

I wanted to share the finished product of the custom aftermarket audio Matt installed in my 2018 Model S P100D.

Components are 2x Focal Kevlar KX2, Mosconi Pro 5/30 amp for the front, Mosconi Pico2 for the rear, Focal E25KX sub.

Sounds great, but where Matt really earned his money is in the design. I left it completely to him. I had no idea what I'd be getting until I picked it up.

Absolutely floored. Amazed how he matched the wood grain of the car so perfectly. Everything ties together and looks like it belongs, while also being something I want to show off because it looks so cool.

The stock cover for that well fits seamlessly over it so I don't lose any of the trunk storage space (besides that well).

Imgur (Sorry for third party imgur link -- wouldn't let me upload them here!)

These show the amp rack and the subwoofer enclosure, both custom (and the interior, for comparison, and then just a sexy exterior shot).

I don't think the pictures do the craftsmanship justice. Even the grills are custom cut solid sheets and the holes are lasered in.

Oh yeah, it sounds great too.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Nice job !

3. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

The guy is a freakin' artist!