Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket CF grill. What do you guys think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_0156.JPG
DSC_0157.JPG

Go for it. All things come full circle. Did this to my car about two years ago along with carbon fiber diffusers front and rear, a-pillers, mirror caps, side strakes, premium center console, etc.

You have a small camera below the nose cone is that Mobileye?

- - - Updated - - -

Zenon;1211382 QUOTE said:
Looks cool to me..how much did you pay for it?

What was the reason you changed the nose cone...you did not like original nose cone?

Just wondering :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Zenon;1211382 QUOTE said:

What was the reason you changed the nose cone...you did not like original nose cone?

Just wondering :wink:

Changed it for a number of reasons but primarily because it was the the first step toward using real carbon fiber on all of the underbody trim and other key areas, which is now complete. As I recall the cost was about $800 to have it layered with real carbon fiber.

The camera is a Tesla rear camera on the front of the car. I use it with my camera switch accessory (which I developed with another owner and sold about two years ago but it's no longer available). When I park head in it shows a front view on the touchscreen. Great for preventing damage to the front of the car from high curbs and other obstacles that can't be seen from the driver's seat. If there was sufficient demand (100 or more) I'd have them made again.

You might want to check out these threads:

Front camera vs. parking sensors, which provides better protection?

Front-rear camera touchscreen parking protection switch kit reservations

Front Camera - 2014 Tesla Model S

Last edited:

Just wondering :wink:[/QUOTE]

I paid $550 for it (real carbon fiber, not wrap) and I changed it because I bought the car used and the previous owner drilled the grill in order to install the front license plate. Florida does not have front license plates.

- - - Updated - - -

Changed it for a number of reasons but primarily because it was the the first step toward using real carbon fiber on all of the underbody trim and other key areas, which is now complete. As I recall the cost was about $800 to have it layered with real carbon fiber.

The camera is a Tesla rear camera on the front of the car. I use it with my camera switch accessory (which I developed with another owner and sold about two years ago but it's no longer available). When I park head in it shows a front view on the touchscreen. Great for preventing damage to the front of the car from high curbs and other obstacles that can't be seen from the driver's seat. If there was sufficient demand (100 or more) I'd have them made again.

You might want to check out these threads:

Front camera vs. parking sensors, which provides better protection?

Front-rear camera touchscreen parking protection switch kit reservations

Front Camera - 2014 Tesla Model S

This idea for a frontal camera is SICK. :) Nicely done.

I like the carbon nose wrap a lot. But I LOVE the Milky Way! Really fabulous. I would love to see that in the flesh.

Yea it is kind of like those concrete floor sealants that have particles in them; The best thing is I don't really notice bugs on the nose cone anymore :)

I also tried wrapping the interior with milkyway but since i had got the matte wood instead of a glossy finish like piano black the grain showed through and it looked bad.

Another one that might work is black brushed metal, here are some pics of a full Tesla wrap of it, I don't like black on black but the texture would be nice to compare to milky way and carbon fiber to use on the nose cone.
IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

3M1080-BR201-4.jpg

I thought about blue too tho it would clash with my car wrap

Attachments

• blue brushed aluminum car.jpg
    blue brushed aluminum car.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited: