Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto Devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to be of help to fellow T2C users. Looks like I wasn't the only one experiencing connection issues through tespush.com. Have to agree that carlinkit support is of no help. Finally heard from them today after over a week. Their suggstion was to connect to 192.168.3.1 and update the box. Box states software is latest version and up to date.

Glad to be of help to fellow T2C users. Looks like I wasn't the only one experiencing connection issues through tespush.com. Have to agree that carlinkit support is of no help. Finally heard from them today after over a week. Their suggstion was to connect to 192.168.3.1 and update the box. Box states software is latest version and up to date.
When I attempt to access 192.168.3.1 I get this error,

SyntaxError: Expected ',' or '}' after property value in JSON at position 110 (line 2 column 1)

Anyone else getting this?

How is the Teslasy working for those who use it?
Good news and bad news.

Bad is they released a software update that broke Bluetooth disconnect so the unit stayed connected after you leave and lock the car.

Good news is they have been reasonably responsive and sent me a private fix for the issue before the next public release and indicated there are “lots of new features coming”.

That all said, with Apple Podcasts now being a Tesla native app and slow but steady maps updates (traffic lights, stop signs, dynamic rerouting etc) I’m wondering how much longer I’ll be missing CarPlay.

Good news and bad news.

Bad is they released a software update that broke Bluetooth disconnect so the unit stayed connected after you leave and lock the car.

Good news is they have been reasonably responsive and sent me a private fix for the issue before the next public release and indicated there are “lots of new features coming”.

That all said, with Apple Podcasts now being a Tesla native app and slow but steady maps updates (traffic lights, stop signs, dynamic rerouting etc) I’m wondering how much longer I’ll be missing CarPlay.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. The last Tesla update is pretty packed with nice stuff, 3D Park Assist, Speed Camera too. Im hearing some problems reported though and it seems 44.30.2 was pulled for some. Someone reported being prompted to download 44.30.3. I’m gonna wait a bit before installing.

Apple Podcasts is a native app? I know they added Apple Music a while back. Not sure I've seen Podcasts though.

Traffic lights for nav? I don't have that yet. Maybe I'm way behind on Tesla updates.

And not a moment too soon. My car was in the body shop for a few weeks, and I hadn’t used T2C in a while. Now that be got the problem with tespush.com.

I tried tescarplay.com and it loaded for a moment the goes black. I tried clearing cache with no luck. May try an MCU reboot next.

Any other ideas?

Good news and bad news.

I was too excited to see this, but no support of custom URL’s. Like ad free pods you’d subscribe to.

• Disagree
Reactions: timeshifter
If you're facing issues with aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto devices, here are two products that might help:

Wireless CarPlay Adapter: This device could potentially resolve connectivity and compatibility issues, providing a seamless CarPlay experience.This Wireless Carplay Adapter makes wireless CarPlay easy! Super convenient to convert wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay. Connects seamlessly to your iPhone every time you get in the car, So much easier than having to plug the phone in.

Tesla Model 3/Y Instrument Cluster Dashboard Display: This product might address problems related to the instrument cluster, enhancing its functionality and performance.

Display Function

• Supports Apple wireless CarPlay and wired/wireless Android Auto
  • Support 4G SIM card
  • Support OTA online upgrade
  • Support Smart Phone Screen Projection
  • Support Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connection
  • Support Voice Assistant
  • Support Forward blind spot camera (Optional)
  • Support Google Online Store
  • Support Various language voice control
  • Support Multi-language option

If these solutions align with your needs, they could be valuable additions to enhance your Tesla experience.

They suggested I go find a PC and connect it to the T2C and do a firmware burn by watching a video. When I said I don’t have a PC they wrote, do you have any friends that do? Lame.
They responded to me over the holiday weekend and suggested I burn/update via computer using a third party software. The third party software PhoenixSuit is safe after I did a virus scan so I proceeded to update the T2C via computer. Still did not work. Computer did not recognize the T2C when I connected via USB. Tried on 2 computers and using different cables and different computer USB inputs.

Good news and bad news.

Just got mine installed today. I was going to install the update but realized I needed a 8GB micro SD card. Haven't seen one of those in years! Had to order one from Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming "fix". I'll hold off updating it until the publish it.

Hoping they add an option to disable Siri on press/holding the left button. I much prefer having access to the Tesla shortcuts vs Siri.

Best,
Sealos