Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine as well, 18x7.5 Gunmetal .... wrapping them in pilot sport 4s when temps get higher .... :/.

Attachments

• EB3017C0-D05D-446E-9A06-050E2EBB1158.jpeg
    EB3017C0-D05D-446E-9A06-050E2EBB1158.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 358
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Hey guys, excuse me if this has been talked about. I have a performance 3 on order. I would like to know if I can reuse my 5x114.3 18x9.5 tsw Nurburgring on the car. It has 35” offset. I read something about some possible hub ring issue?

I am in the process of offloading these rims, it would be great if I can reuse. They would be for track use only

Hey guys, excuse me if this has been talked about. I have a performance 3 on order. I would like to know if I can reuse my 5x114.3 18x9.5 tsw Nurburgring on the car. It has 35” offset. I read something about some possible hub ring issue?

I am in the process of offloading these rims, it would be great if I can reuse. They would be for track use only

I don't know why the hub ring would be an issue but I am interested in learning if there is an issue there. I believe that your rims would fit but I also believe that they don't have sufficient load rating relative to the Tesla guidance. They are rated at 1350 pounds which is roughly 50 pounds below the guided specification.

They will clear the hub if the center bore is over 70.2mm. The bigger issue is likely the rear brake caliper clearance. There are few 18" wheels that clear. Maybe measure the diameter inside the barrel in the hub contact plane. It should be at least ~422mm-423mm in diameter.

I almost purchased a set of TSW Nurburgring wheels from EV Tuning. The size was 18X8 ET35. I contacted EV Tuning and they said it would fit on a Performance Model 3 with the Performance brakes (red calipers) using an adapter ring they supplied. The TSW wheels were not machined to account for the 3 mm lip at the base of the hub on the Performance 3, so the ring was required.

I was told the above information was specific for the TSW Nurburgring wheels sold by EV Tuning. I don't know if they had a set of the Nurburgring wheels made specific for the 3 or not, that was just how their email response to me was worded.

I ordered the spec HRE recommended (9.5x20 ET35; 10.5x20 ET45) tires are 255/30-20, 275/30-20. I didn't check and just realized the front tires are slightly shorter than the OEM, I might swap it with taller tires eventually. No rubbing, but I will see once the MPP rear camber kit is tweaked a bit more.

I have the same wheels in liquid silver waiting to be installed in the spring but have not purchased the tires yet, was going to use the same specs that HRE recommends. Would you recommend 255 35 20 on fronts instead? It will be lowered.

I ordered the spec HRE recommended (9.5x20 ET35; 10.5x20 ET45) tires are 255/30-20, 275/30-20. I didn't check and just realized the front tires are slightly shorter than the OEM, I might swap it with taller tires eventually. No rubbing, but I will see once the MPP rear camber kit is tweaked a bit more.

Actually I just double checked, your tire size in the front seem to be the right one.

What did they come off? What is the bolt pattern?

Martian MW03 18x7.5 with Nokian Hakapeliitta R3 225/50-18 tires. Winter wheel/tire setup, obviously.

Those look very competitive and cost effective in the fully forged market - somebody finally bringing some competition to Titan7, who also has a lifetime structural warranty, it looks like they include the center caps and black lug nut caps too.
  • Each set comes with color matched Martian Wheels center caps and black lug nut caps.
  • All Martian Wheels are covered by our Lifetime Structural Warranty.

Tesla Model 3 18 Inch MW03 Forged Wheels

Last edited: