Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just replaced my 19” Continentals with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires. They are Ultra High Performance All-Seasons and have a slightly higher tread wear rating of UTQG: 500 AA A compared to the Conti’s. They run for $205 per tire. Goodyear has a $75 of a set of 4 tire promotion going on.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModel=Model+3&autoModClar=Rear-Wheel+Drive

I live in Southern California so I just need a tire that handles dry and wet well. The Tire Rack comparison review rates the Goodyear Exhilarate highly.

I’ve had them for about a month and am really happy with them. They have a noticeably stiffer sidewall which you can feel (and I prefer) when cornering and they seem to be a bit grippier than the Conti’s as well. I’m no longer getting tire chirp when semi-aggressively accelerating into a right turn near where I work.

Even though the the Goodyear’s don’t have the foam insert like the stock Conti’s, road noise doesn’t seem any louder and ride comfort feels comparable.

I’m only a month in but so far I’m really happy with my purchase. Hopefully I get a little longer life out of the Goodyear’s vs the Continentals (30k miles.... replaced a bit early due to a blowout I had on the freeway).

Nice! Would love to see more & larger pictures indeed. What size are those?
I'll try and get more pics when it's a bit nicer weather outside. supposed to rain tomorrow.

These are the 20inch staggered setup that Vorsteiner makes in these wheels.

I'll def post a review once I get the MPP Sport coilovers installed, unfortunately it won't be for a while since they are on backorder. =(

Reactions: gcmak
I’m in Dallas and looking to replace my tires. I didn’t do a rotation until after 10k and my rears were 4/32, fronts 7/32. Couldn’t believe how much they wore down.

My preference is to find a quiet tire that will last. I don’t care about mileage. That Michelin deal seems like a good idea but the CrossClimate seems like overkill for Dallas. Any thoughts?

all of these work, with I think only Martian and Titan providing lifetime structural warranties and fully forged (stronger) lightweight wheels.
Here is a full list of 18 inch wheels for Model
Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 7.03.36 AM.png

That’s a great list...is there a list like that for 19” wheels?
If I find it I will post it, you might want to reach out to the guy that did the 18 list, he's seems pretty up to speed on the wheel market. Did you check out Martian Wheels or Titan 7, they both make 19's custom for the Model 3 and keep them in stock and the are super light, strong and come with Lifetime structural warranties.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
How come the Tesla aero 18" doesn't fit over the performance? The other 18x8.5 seem to clear them in the spreadsheet. My car is almost here, trying to get a new set of wheels ready so I can jam some 265s on there. I assume 265s won't rub either?

The 18” Tesla aero wheels won’t clear the larger rear Performance calipers. Only some 18” aftermarket wheels will fit and some have very little clearance. I have some 18” Tsportline TST wheels for my studded winter setup and there is 4-5mm of clearance between the rim and calipers. The Performance 3 hub also has a 4mm lip due to the thinner rotor hats, so aftermarket wheels need the lip cutout.

Proper offset and 265’s on all 4 corners won’t rub. Lots of people running 265’s (on 19” rims though) including myself with 265/35/19.

Last edited: