Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One other thing. I think they look great and I have gotten compliments. Pushing the wheels out just a tad with the +20 offset makes up for the smaller width.
Hey 306 Megajoules - Had you gone with the 8.5" width, would you have stuck with 235/45 tires or gone wider? I'm in your previous position where I'm deciding between the 7.5" vs 8.5" MW03's. I'm pretty set on 235/45 tires (likely Michelin CrossClimate2) and would like to understand if you would anticipate any significant differences between the two widths if they would both use the same tire size. Thanks.

Hey 306 Megajoules - Had you gone with the 8.5" width, would you have stuck with 235/45 tires or gone wider? I'm in your previous position where I'm deciding between the 7.5" vs 8.5" MW03's. I'm pretty set on 235/45 tires (likely Michelin CrossClimate2) and would like to understand if you would anticipate any significant differences between the two widths if they would both use the same tire size. Thanks.
Hmm, interesting. I hadn’t thought about it because I was set on getting the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 TO tires. i had regular Pilot Sports on my Model S and after about 10,000 miles they got annoyingly noisy. I am counting on the TO (Tesla only) tires being quieter. So far so good.

‘I would have considered going narrower on the 7.5 width if available. On the 8.5 width I think I would consider a wider tire if you are going with the CrossClimate2. I have read very good things about them and a wider width with all season capability might be a very good combination.

I don’t understand why you would go with a narrower 7.5 wheel to get better range (less grip) and then trash the range with the PS4 tire (or any stickier tire). The only advantage I see is some curb rash protection.
I didn’t just go for the range. It was a conscious compromise between protection, comfort, noise, and performance. The range has taken less than 5 percent hit so far.

When I was younger I Would go for maximum grip over other factors. As I’ve aged or I prefer, mellowed, I still like new responsive handling just not as close to the edge as I used to. So far I have find this narrow wheel combined with a summer performance tire to be a very good compromise. I still make myself grin on twisty roads.

Reactions: P-Lo801
I didn’t just go for the range. It was a conscious compromise between protection, comfort, noise, and performance. The range has taken less than 5 percent hit so far.

When I was younger I Would go for maximum grip over other factors. As I’ve aged or I prefer, mellowed, I still like new responsive handling just not as close to the edge as I used to. So far I have find this narrow wheel combined with a summer performance tire to be a very good compromise. I still make myself grin on twisty roads.

Hmm, interesting. I hadn’t thought about it because I was set on getting the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 TO tires. i had regular Pilot Sports on my Model S and after about 10,000 miles they got annoyingly noisy. I am counting on the TO (Tesla only) tires being quieter. So far so good.

‘I would have considered going narrower on the 7.5 width if available. On the 8.5 width I think I would consider a wider tire if you are going with the CrossClimate2. I have read very good things about them and a wider width with all season capability might be a very good combination.
thanks!

New wheels came in a couple weeks ago and so far I really like the look. HRE FF10 in 20x10 +35 with 275 30 20. Running 12mm rear spacers and 10mm fronts.

Attachments

• IMG_4035.jpeg
    IMG_4035.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 881
Are you running spacers with studs or without?
You can see the studs peaking through there. I am using Dorman studs that are about an inch longer with a bull nose end. I track the car regularly and started to run into some issues with the factory studs so I swapped them out recently.

Attachments

• IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    602.4 KB · Views: 514
BTW, I strongly recommend against using the HRE supplied lug nuts. I had two break on me attempting to remove them from the car after having been torqued to factory torque spec. They are similar cone size to the factory lugs, but use a 17mm hex head that leaves a very small wall thickness that broke off on me.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Hey guys can someone help me out to make sure that this will fit well and there won’t be any poke.

2021 long range model 3 AWD
Square setup - 19 x 9.5 forgestar cf10
DWS06 - 255/40/19
Lowered on eibach prokit springs
Your offset will determine everything in this set up.
+35 - +22 Range will be ideal.

I would also recommend you running 265 tires on a 9.5" wide wheel.

Danny

BTW, I strongly recommend against using the HRE supplied lug nuts. I had two break on me attempting to remove them from the car after having been torqued to factory torque spec. They are similar cone size to the factory lugs, but use a 17mm hex head that leaves a very small wall thickness that broke off on me.
17mm hex is way too small on these cars regardless. Do they also happen to be aluminum?

Danny