Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile plunge pricing predictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The washing got done today here too. I worked out that my Pod Point starts load shedding when the total house load is 60 Amps. It reduces the Amps available (the number to the right of the ‘/‘ to the car), the car follows to match the available. When the total load reduced (tumble dryer finished), Amps available increases, car slowly ramps back up. Tried it a few times. Beats popping the cut-out fuse I guess.

Hi. I had pretty much the same appliances turned on along with the oven. Then got told by the Tesla app that charging had been interrupted. I also have the Pod-Point charger. If I get the main fuse upgraded can I remove the ‘clip’ around the input feed?

Whilst most of those seem sensible, what exactly were the fans on for? Just burning electricity?
Call me old fashioned but I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable with squandering a resource in order to get a few pennies. I can’t help but think that this is sort of the mindset that got us into the fossil fuel mess we’re in today...

I get that concern, feels odd to me to be doing it but I understand the logic.

Thats why I am happy to do it. The fact I'm getting paid is a bonus.

Not quite a plunge, but nice drops coming up on Agile.

Have been seeing more of this half hourly yo-yo pattern recently which is a touch bothersome for best priced charging overnight.

Attachments

• 20200727_161919.jpg
    20200727_161919.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 55
I do wonder whether Agile will loose its benefit over Go in a few years when there are lots more EVs charging overnight. We just won’t see the surplus imbalance enough.
And more grid-scale storage. Make the most of it while you can, the idea is not that plunge pricing goes on forever, but that it incentivises investment (be that a 13kWh powerwall at home or a MWh grid battery / liquid air storage.. to the point where the price fluctuations are barely discernible

Sorry. I got ahead of myself :p. This Fri 31st JULY still looking a good day to charge. I’m not saying ‘plunge’ just cheap. Let’s punt at 2p/kWh for a number.

Not a crystal ball, I’ve been keeping an eye on how surplus (green line) and demand roughly equates to price.

Attachments

• F0362155-EFDF-4D55-A041-FF2B10609FBA.jpeg
    F0362155-EFDF-4D55-A041-FF2B10609FBA.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 32
Well, that will be a welcome change. Nukes coming back online I wonder?

My average for the last 28 days was 10.96 p/kWh. Only marginally above the 10.09 p/kWh that I averaged with EDF from November to March last year. This is the first month it has been like this since switching to Agile. Prior to that I’ve been well below 8 p/kWh. I suppose one should expect short periods where you might have been better off on another tariff, but I will be interested to see how it will work out over a 12 month period.