Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile plunge pricing predictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that will be a welcome change. Nukes coming back online I wonder?

My average for the last 28 days was 10.96 p/kWh. Only marginally above the 10.09 p/kWh that I averaged with EDF from November to March last year. This is the first month it has been like this since switching to Agile. Prior to that I’ve been well below 8 p/kWh. I suppose one should expect short periods where you might have been better off on another tariff, but I will be interested to see how it will work out over a 12 month period.
Been nukes coming online recently but made no difference, though one nuke the grid have actually been paying to keep off so I'm guessing that is also a factor (I think that ends today). The main factor being wind, which looks like it is getting windy Friday evening into Saturday.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Jeeves
Forgot to plug in the other night as I was rushing to get the shopping out of the car in the pouring rain and just completely forgot about it. Ended up at 19% after getting home from work yesterday. Agile just got even cheaper over the weekend so maybe my crap memory has its advantages!

Had my new meter installed on Friday and still waiting for it to be confirmed by Octopus so I missed out on a the low prices this weekend
I requested a new smart meter months ago as they said mine weren't compatible. I chased them up only to be told they were compatible and they were receiving data. Log in to your account and check you usage, it'll show how much is used each 30 minutes if they're receiving it already.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Agile hasn't been as much fun as I hoped it would have been :(
Remember to keep an eye on your costs on Agile vs Go with:

Octopus Comparison

I tallied up September's consumption and was still about 15% cheaper than had I been using Go.

I'm not sure Agile is at its most beneficial over the winter months, and weird issues with power stations aren't helping currently.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and s88ats