Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile rates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's cooking our evening meal that tends to push the Agile price up above the general E7 rates for us, too, especially recently, when Agile has been floating around the 25p/kWh to 35p/kWh point during this peak period.

I've decided there has to be something awry with the energy comparison sites, as I know exactly what our usage is, and when, and yet none of them seem to find the best deal, and some, like Go Compare, are miles out (as in 25% more expensive). I'm probably going to switch today, as it seems that Green Energy are offering a pretty good E7 tariff here. Rather curiously, one of the comparison sites did put one of the Green Energy tariffs in third place, but seemingly ignored another Green Energy tariff that would be about £50 a year cheaper. I wish I understood why the comparison sites seem to struggle, as knowing the exact peak and off-peak annual usage it's not exactly difficult to compare prices.

Anyone know anything bad or good about Green Energy, other than the stuff that I've already found from a quick web search? Right now their Ampere tariff looks to be the best fit for our usage, primarily because the low off-peak rate (8.373p/kWh) swings it, as most of our usage is at night, and their 12.846p/kWh peak rate seems reasonable, and not too punitive when we're cooking dinner.

I produced a spreadsheet last year when I was looking at EV tariffs.
I haven't updated it but it gives a good idea of which tariff may be worth looking into further.
I think it's good at identifying those tariffs that are worth avoiding too.
You just need to adjust your peak/off-peak figures depending on the duration of the off-peak period.

Thanks, looks similar to the one I've been putting together this morning.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a single site listing every current tariff for an area, in simple terms, like p/kWh peak, off-peak, mean for past 12 months (for tariffs like Agile), daily standing charge, etc?

The time consuming bit is digging around in suppliers sites trying to unearth this information, as they all seem to try and keep this hidden until you've been through the faff of getting a quote.