Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ahh the dreaded 2 hr call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. A week goes by.. they promised it was gonna be fixed Thursday. I called, email, checked in. No response. Friday. No response. Saturday no response.

I’m beginning to wonder if they actually have the ability to fix the car or if they’re just stalling.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm supposed to take delivery on Friday from Westmont. Hopefully everything is in order but I can't get a response from anyone there local. I may have to drive up there on Wed to ask about my trade which still doesn't have a value assigned after 11 days. I have a couple simple procedure related questions but can't get anyone to pick up the phone.

Same thing happened to me with the dents found hours before delivery. Also was told no repaint needed, and fix took a week. Luckily the guys at service center answer the phone, though if I wasn't calling every other day, waiting on hold, I doubt I would've gotten info. I am supposed to be picking up this evening, but reading this has my excitement bubble deflating...
Good luck!

Ahh!!! I got the call too! I was scheduled to pick up in Westmont, IL today (M3P+). At 9:00p last night, my phone rang with "Tesla" on the caller ID. I knew right away it was not good news.

The technician told me that during the inspection they noticed wind noise coming from the rear passenger door area and the backup camera would not come on. They pushed my delivery by one day to give the Service Center time to address the issues. I do hope they are easy repairs and that there really are no other problems.

Ahh!!! I got the call too! I was scheduled to pick up in Westmont, IL today (M3P+). At 9:00p last night, my phone rang with "Tesla" on the caller ID. I knew right away it was not good news.

The technician told me that during the inspection they noticed wind noise coming from the rear passenger door area and the backup camera would not come on. They pushed my delivery by one day to give the Service Center time to address the issues. I do hope they are easy repairs and that there really are no other problems.
Got a call in the morning today from Westmont telling me my delivery needs to be pushed a day to Sat because it's not being moved to the delivery center til Fri and they need to inspect/test it.

Same thing happened to me with the dents found hours before delivery. Also was told no repaint needed, and fix took a week. Luckily the guys at service center answer the phone, though if I wasn't calling every other day, waiting on hold, I doubt I would've gotten info. I am supposed to be picking up this evening, but reading this has my excitement bubble deflating...
Good luck!
So what happened with your delivery?

So what happened with your delivery?

I was not able to see any evidence of dents or repair. There were other minor issues however with glass alignment and a scratch in interior, but I accepted delivery with all of that noted for future fixing. Then day 2 of driving my car had a connector on harness fail which required a tow and a loaner. Luckily they gave me a model S, so I'm not stressing the wait nearly as much as I would be otherwise.

Nervously watching (and now replying to) this thread. I was scheduled to pickup next week, but moved it up to tomorrow (Thursday 9/20/2018) at Westmont, IL. My MVPA still has the old date, so the odds of a delay a probably higher. ;) Haven't heard anything, but I guess I should mentally prepare for a delay.

Then day 2 of driving my car had a connector on harness fail which required a tow and a loaner.
Did they say which harness came loose? Sounds like an easy fix, unless the retention clips on the harness broke so a new cable is needed.

Later,
MF