Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air intake keeps allowing outside air to come in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hate this too. All other cars let “auto” mode operate while keeping recirculation active or always on. This resets every time you get in the car and you have to press the recirc button. I left bug report on it complaining lol. Maybe more of you should report if you think this is a good feature.

I agree - humidity is fine, don’t want to smell old burned up dino fuel while I’m sitting behind 1,000 exhaust pipes on the 405 fwy.

Reactions: T3slaMecca
I really hate this too. All other cars let “auto” mode operate while keeping recirculation active or always on. This resets every time you get in the car and you have to press the recirc button. I left bug report on it complaining lol. Maybe more of you should report if you think this is a good feature.

I agree - humidity is fine, don’t want to smell old burned up dino fuel while I’m sitting behind 1,000 exhaust pipes on the 405 fwy.
The intake plenum on the Model 3 is spacious. You could wad up some filter material, shove it in the plenum, and have a your air filtered for a couple of bucks!

We notice it keeps opening up from time to time and it doesn't stay shut.

Are you referring to the recirculate setting on the main screen or the vents/small grill in the front of the car? If the latter, the vents under the bumper aren't only for HVAC and are instead for cooling the battery and motors - so they won't stay shut no matter what the recirculate setting is.