Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Compressor Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a thread about Model X driving Dynamics I have a 2014 Model S 85 with 78,000 miles and this just started happening to me yesterday.
The front of it looks like it's slammed and the rear looks like I'm about to go off-roading.
I've never noticed this before but, one of the wheel wells looks like it's already been rubbed on.
Anyway I set an appointment with the SC and I have to wait about a week and a half before they can take me.
I hope I didn't damage anything because I had to drive from SoCalifornia to Phoenix two nights ago so I could get home.
I tried the method above of turning off the car for 2 minutes but the light came on again, just took awhile.
I'm hesitant to drive to work like this. Like I'm going to break something.

Attachments

• 20220124_141656.jpg
    20220124_141656.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_7166_20220125_131956.jpg
    IMG_7166_20220125_131956.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20220125_203507.jpg
    20220125_203507.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220125_203533.jpg
    20220125_203533.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 102
I know this is a thread about Model X driving Dynamics I have a 2014 Model S 85 with 78,000 miles and this just started happening to me yesterday.
The front of it looks like it's slammed and the rear looks like I'm about to go off-roading.
I've never noticed this before but, one of the wheel wells looks like it's already been rubbed on.
Anyway I set an appointment with the SC and I have to wait about a week and a half before they can take me.
I hope I didn't damage anything because I had to drive from SoCalifornia to Phoenix two nights ago so I could get home.
I tried the method above of turning off the car for 2 minutes but the light came on again, just took awhile.
I'm hesitant to drive to work like this. Like I'm going to break something.
The issue for my MX was a blown fuse, Air suspension compressor, and two front struts had to be changed.

Reactions: Chris Redfield
Hi everyone.

Decided to bring this thread up, since I started having similar issues with my MS2017 . Since temperatures started reaching freezing point, I've had random situations where the Air suspension disabled - error pops in. 90% of times it has generated upon a longer stop, and upon moving on the system obviously tries to fill up the lost air pressure on parking. Only once the error has popped up in middle of travelling. Car hibernation/shutdown has worked so far to get it working again, and the error has not yet recurred on temperatures over 0C/32F so far.
Only clue I've had so far: I tested generating the error while parked by raising and lowering the suspension multiple times. First two attempts generated a steady paced "crunch-crunch" sound from front hood, like the compressor was trying start up some 8-10 times. Regardless of the spooky sound, both times the height raise was successful. And of course the noise didn't recur anymore, when I tried to record it.
Car maintenance didn't find any air leaks or other deficiencies on a brief superficial inspection, but they spotted and repaired corroded grounding, a common problem on the Model S. I'm going there for another round, but its a tricky issue since i cannot replicate the issue reliably, and probably the carshop wont be able either in a warm garage.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris Redfield