Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be not .. they are trying to penetrate the sub $50K market with the 3 and the Y .. air suspension is expensive and will likely remain in the high end models.

bummer. that's the only thing I don't like about the 3. I hope they'll make the ride less stiff/rough somehow.. or after maket option.

I might wait for the cybertruck ...

Recent posts show air suspension in an upcoming Tesla Model 3 parts catalog.

If it includes adaptive suspension as well, it could be a significant upgrade for the firm riding Model 3.

Imagine it will be coming at some time for Model Y.

Air suspension in the X provides for load leveling and towing. Adaptive suspension gives smoother rides at casual speeds plus much better control when driven aggressively or at higher speeds.

Owners will no longer need to buy cool looking lowering kits or scrape going up steep driveways.

So many benefits to adjusting the ride height for different circumstances.

Predict the adaptive suspension will also provide tremendous improvements in ride and handling it it comes as a reasonably priced package.

Last edited:
Given that a number of the small luxury SUVs (BMW X3, Mercedes GLC, Volvo XC60) offer at least adaptive dampers (and the Volvo has air suspension on top of that) it would be nice if the Model Y offered at least adaptive dampers...or minimally Tesla recognized that "sport" isn't the right suspension tune for the Model Y vs. 3.