Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension leaked.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would really appreciate some guidance. I played my Model 3 order just a few days ago. Am I totally going to miss out on this? Should I canceled my order and wait?

This was the only missing feature that almost leaned me back towards the S for by next car. Thanks!

Would really appreciate some guidance. I played my Model 3 order just a few days ago. Am I totally going to miss out on this? Should I canceled my order and wait?

This was the only missing feature that almost leaned me back towards the S for by next car. Thanks!

Depends on how long you can wait. It might be up to a year before air suspension rolls out. But it could also be six months.....only Elon knows.

• Funny
Reactions: BulldogsRus
Air suspension is usually cushy highway ride in trade for more stuff to fail later- folks into handling aren't usually big fans preferring things like magnetic shocks that Tesla hasn't shown any intent to offer.... (if they'd had those on the P3D+ I'd be driving one right now)

Also keep in mind a part showing up in the catalog doesn't mean it's going into production anytime soon. The 970 motor has been in there a couple years now without showing up in any actual cars AFAIK... more recently the "track mode" package showed up like 5 months ago and still isn't actually a thing they're selling... so who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
One of the only good things about my Model S rental (pre-Raven) was the air suspension. It was a joy over Seattle’s crappy roads. Someone else can chime in here but for general driving if you have large wheels with air suspension, does that mean pot holes are x times less of an issue due to suspension travel absorbing a lot of the crash, versus a standard suspension like we all currently have?

I can say if air suspension had been an option on my 3P+ I’d have taken it. That said, while I sometimes think of my suspension as being firm, especially with my...boat anchor wheels (tongue firmly in cheek), I go ride in a Prius etc and I’m reminded that it’s not bad at all in my car. I have certainly been in many, many regular passenger cars with way firmer suspensions.